LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $6 billion dollars worth of loans across almost 30,000+ projects becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, has grown to a team of over 300, and since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
We are looking for an experienced, strategically-minded product designer to help us build an easy-to use, delightful mortgage workflow, and customer oriented products in the real estate domain.
As a valuable member of the Design org, your role will be to develop and promote user experience as a core practice within our product lifecycle. You will be brought problems to solve, and will have the autonomy to ideate on solutions, in close collaboration with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and other partners.
You will understand the goals, motivations, and behaviors of our customers and relentlessly advocate on their behalf. Applying that knowledge to our shared vision of the future, you will work collaboratively with partners across the organization to build a UX vision, including visually-refined mockups and prototypes, to conceptualize and implement new product initiatives.
The perfect candidate will be a passionate simplifier, steeped in observation and listening skills, with a mix of interaction and visual design skills born from understanding of user behavior, best practices, research experience, and empathy.
- Use all of the tools in your UX toolkit to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives. These could include (but are not limited to) personas, journey maps, wireframes, design patterns, mockups, and prototypes.
- Create designs that bring together simple workflows, data, customer feedback, user research, and technical considerations.
- Simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive experiences.
- Partner in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, user research, identifying deliverables, estimating effort, design, usability testing, post-launch evaluation, and stakeholder communication.
- Communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels in the organization.
- Actively participate in frequent design reviews; give and receive effective, thoughtful critique; and know when and how to incorporate feedback into your own designs.
- Conduct qualitative user research to understand customer behavior.
- Stay on top of digital trends, industry benchmarks and innovation in design practices.
- 5 + years of experience.
- Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
- Understanding of design research, user experience design processes and methodology, its value and how to integrate into work.
- Expertise in tools common to modern Visual and UX Design work: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure/Invision/Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, etc.
- You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills.
- You can observe, analyze, question, and conceptualize.
- You can articulate your decision and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace.
- You are reliable. You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arises.
- You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value.
- Curiosity that drives you to look at the world as a solution instead of just existing patterns and mental models.
- Some experience or exposure to Engineering, especially client-side, a plus but not required.
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49