LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $5 billion dollars worth of loans across 23,000+ projects becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $215MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
The mortgage business can have many legal and regulatory challenges. The Licensing Manager plays a critical role in helping LendingHome navigate these challenges. The Licensing Manager will support all (i) company mortgage lending, servicing and brokering licenses as well as the regulatory examinations related to such licenses and (ii) employee mortgage originator licenses. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act), familiarity with interaction with regulators, experience in responding to and managing state examinations, and experience in managing mortgage licenses including new applications, renewals, and reporting requirements. The Licensing Manager will also manage and support one or more outside vendors who deliver licensing-related services to LendingHome.
- Research state law requirements to ensure LendingHome is properly registered and licensed to conduct business in the states we choose to enter
- Coordinate with outside counsel and consulting firms, as necessary, to obtain and maintain company licenses
- Work closely with sales personnel to ensure individual licensing is obtained and maintained to offer LendingHome products
- Monitor legislative and administrative activities in key issue areas. Ensure applicable changes are assigned to appropriate parties across the firm and follow up for proper implementation
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure state licensing and reporting requirements are satisfied via automated and manual processes
- Determine and obtain appropriate types and amounts of relevant corporate and individual insurance/bond coverage to cover risks to LendingHome and LendingHome personnel
- Serve as primary point of contact for state examinations, including but not limited to, obtaining and reviewing all requested materials for the examination, reviewing and drafting response to examination results and ensuring any fees are paid timely
- Create and submit accurate reporting for state requirements in a timely manner
- Ensure LendingHome’s compliance with state usury, disclosure, insurance and other lending laws by reviewing these laws and addressing any issues with the relevant stakeholders internally or externally
- Assist with ad hoc research on relevant state laws
- Develop and maintain management reporting of licensing status and activities
- Support in the creation or drafting of policies and procedures as needed
- Assist with monitoring and testing efforts as part of an operational risk framework
- 3+ years’ experience of compliance/legal work with focus on state lending laws or state licensing
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in mortgage banking or regulatory compliance (ECOA, OFAC, UDAP, GLBA) preferred
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior writing skills
- Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise
- Able to work independently and problem solve autonomously in fast-paced environment
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- Enthusiastic about technology and the role technology can play in financial organizations
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.