LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
The work location for this position can be flexible. This position can be based in our San Francisco, CA or Pittsburgh, PA office locations.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $5 billion dollars worth of loans across 23,000+ projects becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $215MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
The Engineering Manager plays a key role in the development of our mortgage platform and mortgage marketplace. This requires a thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop scalable, extensible technology, as well as how to structure and develop a rapidly growing customer-focused engineering organization. This presents a significant intellectual, technical and operational challenge.
- You will lead a team of software engineers in the development, unit testing, and implementation of products and services. You will need to establish teams that can deliver fast and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver based on the evolving needs of the business.
- You will bring thought leadership to advance the overall state of culture and technology for the entire engineering organization.
- You will be responsible for hiring, mentoring and managing a highly skilled set of Software Development Engineers. Managing them to deliver and grow their careers.
- You will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time and working with multiple stakeholders to define use cases, requirements and milestones.
- You will ensure that the solutions developed are technically sound by leading design and having the ability to deep dive into the code and algorithms that your teams own and develop.
- You will effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure that the most informed decisions are being made.
- You will build project plans, manage timelines and align cross-functional teams towards a common goal and vision.
- You will draw on customer feedback as well as usage and operational data to quickly iterate and evolve our products and services.
- You will play a critical role in business planning, working closely with senior leaders to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence our long-term technical and Business Strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to ship complex large-scale projects with high availability.
- Serious people leadership chops. Mentorship is one of the most important aspects of this role.
- Demonstrated ability to attract top talent and building high performing teams.
- Strong experience in agile and test-driven methodologies.
- Razor-sharp verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to create consensus among passionate stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Technical adeptness across the full stack. As a tactical problem-solver, be ready to get in the code when necessary.
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life.
- 7+ years of engineering experience.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience, with a proven track record in designing and executing large-scale products.
- B.S. degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related technical fields.
- Experience managing Rails teams a plus.
- No mortgage experience needed, just a hunger to learn.
- If you are interested in reinventing one of the largest financial markets in the world, would find it fun to programmatically move 100's of millions of dollars per day, think technology can streamline very operational businesses, can handle hardcore quantitative analysis, appreciate great consumer experiences, have a thirst for simplicity in the face of complexity and aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and learn something new, we'd love to talk to you.
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49