LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for people to get financing and generate wealth through real estate. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $4 billion dollars worth of loans across 15,000+ projects, en route to becoming the largest fix and flip lender in the country. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $167MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
This position is a senior position on the legal team, reporting directly to the VP of Legal. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, highly commercial, structured finance and corporate attorney serving as the primary legal counsel and business partner for all capital markets transactions. In addition, this attorney will provide support on corporate and board matters, equity compensation and ad hoc legal issues.
- Provide legal guidance on capital markets transactions (asset warehouses, securitizations, or other structured financing transactions).
- Draft, negotiate, review and interpret agreements covering LendingHome's debt facilities (warehouses, securitization, and other structured financing transactions)
- Provide strategic legal advice on the formation of new entities and associated financing structures.
- Advise on securities law, Investment Act and related issues connected with the operation and maintenance of LendingHome’s operations, including its retail investment platform, REIT and new company products and initiatives.
- Advise on corporate matters including board resolutions, equity compensation, tax and finance matters.
- Manage and coordinate outside counsel on complex transactional work as needed, including preparing budgets and controlling expenses.
- Mentor and provide direction to other members of the legal team.
Qualifications & Experience
- 8+ years experience in-house or at large reputable law firm.
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top tier law school.
- Member of the CA Bar preferred, membership in other state bars or ability to register as in-house counsel in CA also considered.
- Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in capital markets, including debt vehicles and funds, warehouse financing, structured finance and private placements.
- Experience managing outside counsel in litigation and transactional work preferred.
- Prior exposure to commercial and consumer loan transactions, desirable.
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise.
- Able to learn new areas of the law quickly.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment under direction of manager, collaboratively, and autonomously.
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges.
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.