LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for people to get financing and generate wealth through real estate. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $3.5 billion dollars worth of loans across 15,000+ projects, en route to becoming the largest fix and flip lender in the country. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $167MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to becoming the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
The objective of the closing department is to efficiently bring a loan transaction to closure by accurately drawing documents both to the requirements of our investors and to the request of our borrower client. The Doc Drawer Specialist is responsible for reviewing the loan file after loan approval and preparing all loan closing documents to be signed by our borrower prior to funding. Along the way, you will foster relationships with our closing agents, brokers, borrowers as well as internal team members as you work with them to make the process of borrowing through LendingHome smooth and simple. They must also protect the company integrity through thoughtful review of all closing conditions and requirements involving, but not limited to accurate reconciliation of fund disbursement, on point communication to all settlement agents, and timely coordination of 3rd party documents (hazard insurance, flood insurance, and title commitments).
- Meet and exceed your daily and monthly quotas, while upholding our high standards for quality. You'll do this through your strong focus on service, relationship building, and customer empathy
- Provide excellent customer service (internally and externally) and ensure customer relationship is maintained at the highest possible level
- Bring your wits, strategies and ideas by helping us make our closing process as efficient and pleasant as possible
- Speak up and suggest improvements wherever you see an opportunity
- Work with the loan origination team, closing agents, brokers and borrowers to ensure a quick, accurate and pleasant closing experience
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of loans once the loans enters your queue, including but not limited to:
- coordinate loan signing with closing agents
- audit loan files
- review preliminary title reports / title commitments
- review hazard insurance
- prepare closing documents
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable federal and state laws and company policies
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned by the supervisor
- Prefer an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or 3-5 years experience in document drawing and/or funding; escrow officer or insurance agent experience a plus
- You have a track record as a self-starter, with excellent time management skills, and a strong desire to learn
- Knowledge to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment of rapid change in procedures and prioritization
- Excellent technology skills, including: Microsoft Word & Excel, Google Docs & Sheets, Adobe Acrobat
- If you have experience in the residential mortgage space or business purpose mortgage space (post closing or loan operations), that’s excellent. If not, we have a training program designed to build skills you’ll use throughout your career and life
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.