LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for people to get financing and generate wealth through real estate. Since we were founded in 2013, we have funded over $3.5 billion dollars worth of loans across 15,000+ projects, making us the largest fix and flip lender in the country. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $167MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of nearly 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Visual and UX Designer to help us build our brand and market our mortgage lending experiences and customer oriented products in the real estate domain.
As a valuable member of the Design org, your role will be to produce high quality deliverables and support design as a core practice in our marketing lifecycle. Your visual design skills will be critical in delivering our message to millions of engaged consumers as we build a world-class consumer brand.
You will partner closely with Marketing to design and produce digital and print collateral. You will create illustrations, mockups, brand treatments, posters, infographics, white papers, and more. You will also work closely with Product Designers and Engineers to ensure user interface continuity across all of our consumer touch points.
- Lead design for all marketing materials, including (but not limited to) marketing website, infographics, emails, postcards, newsletters, and other collateral.
- Create visual designs with strong typography and iconography, as well as strong and unique branding.
- Work within existing brand guidelines, and know when to flex them.
- Actively participate in frequent design reviews; give and receive effective, thoughtful critique; and understand when and how to incorporate feedback into your designs.
- Communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels in the organization.
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and user-centered design practices.
- Stay on top of digital trends, industry benchmarks and innovation in design practices.
- 5+ years of on-the-job experience, in an in-house or agency role.
- Degree in Visual Arts, Marketing, Communication, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Highly proficient in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, hierarchy, proportion, color, emphasis and unity.
- Expertise in tools common to modern design work: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates a track record of crafting and delivering print and digital products that align customer needs and business objectives.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and written skills. Respectful when challenging assumptions, and experience giving and receiving feedback with grace.
- You are reliable. You estimate work, deliver on deadlines, and are vocal when risk arises.
- Nice to have, but not required: you love real estate or finance.
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.