LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for people to get financing and generate wealth through real estate. Since we were founded in 2013, we have funded over $3.5 billion dollars worth of loans across 15,000+ projects, making us the largest fix and flip lender in the country. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $167MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of nearly 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
We are seeking an experienced product design leader to run, grow, and lead a massively talented team of designers to drive vision and execution. At LendingHome, we are building the future; a key aspect of our growth is building inherent value in our products through design. The Design Org is responsible for all Product Design, User Experience, and Brand/Visual Design at LendingHome. Our partnerships include deep cross-functional relationships with Product, Engineering, Mortgage Operations, Capital Markets, Sales and Marketing. Our audience includes consumers as well as internal professional users.
- Lead LendingHome’s design team, overseeing all aspects of design vision, communication and implementation of User Experience and associated UI frameworks, processes, UX Research, and Brand/Communication design.
- Manage and mentor all members of the Design Org. as well as attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer, always looking to innovate and simplify; Lead the creation of tools and frameworks that enable the UX team and cross-functional partners to deeply understand LendingHome customers and ensure that the customer has a seat at the table in every design decision.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with leaders in Product, Engineering, Data, Marketing, and Business Stakeholders. Earn trust with technical credibility, pragmatic decision making, and strong follow through.
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, user research, identifying deliverables, estimating effort, design, UAT, post-launch evaluation, and stakeholder communication.
- Make and articulate decisions based on research data, design principles, customer engagement data and other objective information.
- Bring a comprehensive understanding of the current state of design and best practices, with a critical awareness of implications on user-centered design and functionality.
- Creatively solve complex customer problems and enable high velocity decision making, helping to drive prioritization and UX strategy.
Experience & Qualifications
- Significant experience (at least 5+ years) leading and managing a team of designers with a variety of crafts (Product, Visual, UX, Brand, etc.).
- Prior experience managing teams including: hiring and developing talent; developing processes and tools to ensure design quality; measuring success in terms of human and business impact.
- 7+ years of experience designing and shipping beautiful software as an experience designer, product designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- Able to take business strategy and customer research insights and transform them into a detailed plan and roadmap that delivers business results.
- Demonstrates executive level presentation and communication skills for audiences inside and outside the design team.
- Has a deep understanding of design research, user experience design process and methodology, its value and how to integrate it into the development process.
- Passion for simplifying and solving complex problems for internal and external users.
- An understanding of interactivity and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout as well as deep knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience in leading projects for both internal and external audiences.
- Strong portfolio with engaging, diverse designs demonstrating a passion for design and alignment of customer needs to business goals.
- Demonstrated competencies as a leader, with references to match. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.