LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for people to get financing and generate wealth through real estate. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $3.5 billion dollars worth of loans across 15,000+ projects, en route to becoming the largest fix and flip lender in the country. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $167MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to becoming the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Please note that this is NOT a remote position and this position is based in the Pittsburgh office
An Underwriter has superior credit training and excellent organizational skills. Underwriters are responsible for managing the loans through final credit approval including working with processors and valuation analysts. The candidate must possess a working knowledge of residential lending programs and practices with the proven ability to partner with sales and processing to move loans quickly and efficiently through the pipeline. The individual will be expected to provide superior client service to achieve financial objectives. The successful candidate must also be highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial, organized and passionate about growing a business in a team environment.
- Underwrite Bridge mortgage loans in compliance with company credit guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Review loan files for completeness, identify missing documentation and generate condition lists for the applicants.
- Collaborate with the loan processor and salesperson to complete the credit analysis in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the correct data is entered into the loan origination system.
- Responsible for reviewing and owning all loan file detail prior to submission to closing manager including work done by all upstream partners.
- Work with loan processors and closers to ensure a smooth handoff of the files occurs.
- Manage constant deal flow and prioritize to ensure loans close on time with a high degree of accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Identify and report any suspected fraudulent activity occurring with any stakeholder and escalate issues to the appropriate management when necessary.
- Keep abreast of all company policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulatory changes by participating in in-house training events.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or relative experience
- Experience: 1-3 years residential mortgage lending experience with good knowledge of lending regulations and credit/collateral analysis practices. Experience underwriting or processing fix & flip hard money loans a plus.
- Skills/Ability: Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast-paced and constantly changing business environment; PC proficient at the intermediate level; comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated the ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.