LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
The work location for this position can be flexible. This position can be based in our San Francisco, CA or Pittsburgh, PA office locations. For candidates with prior experience working remotely we are open to US-only remote as well.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $5 billion dollars worth of loans across 23,000+ projects becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $215MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
You will help lead the development of the next-generation end-to-end mortgage platform; you’ll help drive alignment on your team, across teams, and with cross-functional partners, ensuring that we are making a positive impact on the business. You will develop domain expertise to design and build well-tested web applications and services, publish APIs, consume APIs from 3rd-party sources, and develop tools that enhance daily productivity. You are product oriented and a self-starter, a strong partner to internal teams such as product management, design, data, loan operations, sales, and marketing. You will help mentor your peers and less experienced engineers. You understand and can articulate tradeoffs. You are focused on building leverage into the team.
- Empower your team members to commit to excellence by fostering a culture of excellence
- Actively coach your team - guide them to be the best versions of themselves and contribute to the growth of others
- Identify process gaps and optimize efficiency/quality in Underwriting by implementing process changes across the team
- Lead, oversee, & monitor the Underwriting Power Users, individual & team performance
- Assist with loan prioritization and loan level escalations
- Ongoing monitoring of pipeline to ensure individual underwriter productivity and quality
- Function as a technical resource for the team for the Ops platform
- Lead orientation and training of new hires and current department personnel
- Develop training material, job aides, and/or tools to create process efficiency
- Act as a liaison between the underwriting team & other department leads and managers
- Perform other duties and special projects as required
- Hold weekly team meetings, bi-weekly 1:1’s and team huddles
- In conjunction with the Underwriting Manager, complement semi-annual performance evaluations of team members
- Typically 7+ years of developing software; ideally at a startup
- Technical leadership including driving technical strategy across multiple engineering teams, working with cross-functional partners, and mentoring other developers
- Has worked on projects from initial concept through development and deployment and beyond, with minimal oversight needed
- Strong and recent development in a large application codebase
- Has worked in large multi-team environments
- Familiarity with web analytics and reporting
- Experience with monolithic and multi-app environments
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.