LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
LendingHome is seeking a highly analytical and innovative Data Scientist to join our Data team. Data drives every area of LendingHome including marketing, sales, operations, and credit, and you will be collaborating closely with all of these groups to tackle the highest priority strategic questions and to enable excellent, robust data-driven decision making.
- Define, create, and improve metrics and dashboards that precisely and accurately measure the pulse of the business
- Proactively initiate in-depth, rigorous analysis to derive meaningful insights the business can clearly act upon
- Drive improvements in business outcomes by testing new and different strategies through systematic planning and execution of experiments
- Continually explore and iterate statistical models and features to advance our understanding of key underlying business drivers
- Build production grade machine learning pipelines and data products that solve critical, complex problems and deliver business value
- Identify, research, and analyze new data sources that complement and enrich the quality of the data platform
- Support ad hoc analysis requests
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or related quantitative discipline
- Excellent grasp of fundamentals in statistics and probability
- Expertise in SQL and proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with large sets of data
- Proficiency in coding and software engineering concepts. Fluency in Python/R preferred
- Experience with basic classes of machine learning techniques and algorithms (e.g. regression, classification, boosting, clustering, time series, NLP)
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and communicate well with a diverse set of colleagues, both technical and non-technical, at all levels
- A resourceful and pragmatic approach to problem solving and recognition that the best solutions are sometimes the simplest
- Experience in Hadoop/Spark or other distributed parallel computing paradigms is a plus
- Ability to transform technical analysis into easily digestible visualization is a plus
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49