LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for people to get financing and generate wealth through real estate. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $3.5 billion dollars worth of loans across 15,000+ projects, en route to becoming the largest fix and flip lender in the country. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $167MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to becoming the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
The Valuations team is instrumental in assessing the risk of our mortgage deals. Specifically, the team uses its expertise to order, assess and analyse the value of a subject property. It’s a dynamic department that partners with Customer Experience, Underwriting and Capital Markets to deliver excellent borrower experience and provide support for investors. A qualified Real Estate Valuation Analyst provides analytical support in underwriting mortgage loan investments. Pivotal to the success of a valuation team member candidate is previous experience as a residential real estate appraiser as well as a strong aptitude in finance and economics. Needs to have a thorough understanding of real estate and capital markets vocabulary, good familiarity with analytic programs such as Excel, and an ability to communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, as well as the ability to work independently as a member of a team.
- Perform initial intake steps with prospective borrower applications to evaluate whether collateral falls within LendingHome's parameters for lending
- Researching subject property and comparables based on online sources including county records & MLS, and information provided by real estate professionals and borrowers researching and analyzing collateral as-is and as-repaired value based on variety of factors, including: collected data, replacement cost, borrower’s rehab project, market comparisons, local and regional market and economics
- Allocating value to land, improvements and evaluate plausible exit scenarios
- Presenting verbal and written analysis, being able to defend it and make recommendations to Customer Experience, Operations Teams, and 3rd parties valuations providers
- Analyzing data collected through 3rd party valuations and interpreting which value is valid and pertinent to the valuation of a specific property
- Rebutting 3rd party valuations
- Responding to questions and concerns regarding property valuations
- Providing analytical support and completing special projects for all functional areas within the real estate loan portfolio
- Preferred Associate or Bachelor degree, or 3-5 years experience in sufficient, relevant real estate valuation work
- Licensed and/or Certified Appraiser
- Experience with as-repaired valuations
- Good understanding of return on investment and return on repairs
- 5 years of experience valuing residential real estate in a multi-state lending environment
- Proficiency with online research gathering subjects and comps information
- Written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast paced and constantly changing business environment;
- PC proficient at the intermediate level; ability to work with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment and provide excellent customer experience
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets)
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.