LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
The Risk team works with product, engineering, capital markets, operations, sales, and other groups across the company to enable robust, data-driven decision-making and drive efficiency by building innovative models to streamline our processes. Our work is highly leveraged; success moves the bottom line. Mortgage is a multi-trillion dollar market and generates some of the most fascinating data sets in the world. We solve practical business problems with the best technologies in all areas of the company, including credit, pricing, operational efficiency, and funnel optimization.
LendingHome is seeking a talented and highly analytical Risk Data Scientist to join the Risk team in our effort to reinvent lending. You will tackle challenging business problems, including risk modeling, asset valuation, process optimization, and price sensitivity. An ideal candidate should be able to utilize advanced data manipulation and machine learning techniques to solve complex business problems. You’ll also have to work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Capital Markets, and many other departments to co-pilot different initiatives. If you’re keen on joining a dynamic company and working on intellectually challenging problems in a fast-paced environment, LendingHome is the place for you.
- Develop and maintain innovative models for mortgage underwriting. This requires thorough statistical analysis of the underlying data and an understanding of the various macroeconomic and risk factors that impact the credit quality of borrowers
- Develop models for doing portfolio analytics, such as loss forecasting, collection likelihood, and fraud detection
- Continually explore and iterate on statistical models and features to advance our understanding of key underlying business drivers
- Perform in-depth, rigorous ad-hoc analysis to derive meaningful insights executive management can clearly act upon
- Define, create, and improve metrics and dashboards that precisely and accurately measure the health of the business
- Drive improvements in business outcomes by testing new and different strategies through systematic planning and execution of experiments
- Develop analytical tools to support other teams
- Work cross-functionally to enhance our data capture process and infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Physics or a related quantitative discipline
- Excellent grasp of fundamentals in statistics and probability
- Solid understanding of machine learning techniques
- Strong programming skills in R or Python
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and communicate well with a diverse set of colleagues, both technical and non-technical, at all levels of the organization
- A resourceful and pragmatic approach to problem solving and recognition that the best solutions are sometimes the simplest
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in a quantitative discipline is a plus
- Experience using SQL
- Experience in a modeling group at a commercial bank, investment bank, consulting firm, or technology company
- Experience with residential mortgage models, especially with mortgage underwriting, scoring, default, or prepayment models
- Experience with fraud detection models is a plus
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.