We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The purpose of the post closing department is to promptly and accurately request and review all reconciled (fully executed) loan documents and trailing documents to ensure timely delivery to both our investors and bank. These functions include requesting, reviewing and sending original security instruments (note and deed) to our bank, along with requesting, reviewing and sending proper trailing documents (final title policy, et al) to our investors. This enables our Capital Markets department to promptly and effectively sell our loans for prompt reimbursement of our balance sheet or warehouse line.
The Post Closing Team Lead is responsible for guiding our loans after the loan has been funded and closed. Along the way, you will foster relationships with our closing agents and warehouses, as well as internal team members as you work with them to make the process of borrowing through LendingHome smooth and simple and identifying opportunities to improve processes and procedures through the use of technology, communication, and training. The Post Closing Team Lead supports the Closing Manager with day-to-day management of the team, including pipeline management and prioritization, providing final sign-off/approvals, answering questions from internal and external stakeholders and training/coaching the team.
- Help us build the world’s leading mortgage marketplace
- Maintain current department procedures (including but not limited to loan document procedures for all programs, entity document review, funding procedures, vendor management adherence)
- Assist Closing Manager with Implementing technology solutions and procedures that will create improved efficiencies and increased productivity
- Perform recurring 1:1’s with your direct reports
- Perform Bi-Annual performance reviews on all direct reports
- Assist Closing Manager to recruit, hire, train a high performing team
- Perform daily pipeline management, loan assignment and prioritization of work to ensure timely delivery of collateral files and investor files
- Perform second signature/review of loan files for new hires/employees who are ramping up
- Lead weekly team meetings and creates effective agenda
- Provide training/coaching/mentoring to team members and be the first point of contact for questions and escalated issues
- Contribute to process improvements for the Post Closing Department as well as other special projects
- First point of contact for cross functional teams, such as Product and other Mortgage Operations teams to ensure changes in products, processes and systems are effectively communicated and managed
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable federal and state laws and company policies
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or identified by management
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience as a supervisor/manager over closing positions in a mortgage firm or bank (preferred) and 5+ years experience working in closing/mortgage operations
- Demonstrated ability to direct the work of others and prioritize a team’s workload
- Ability to improve processes, procedures and systems
- Open to feedback, comfortable speaking up and asking questions and able to follow a proven process
- Excellent technology skills, including: Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint, Google Docs & Sheets, GMail, Adobe Acrobat; and you love learning new technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess track record as a self-starter, with excellent time management skills, and a strong desire to learn.
- Preferred knowledge of HUD-1