LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
The Underwriting Team is responsible for managing all bridge loans through final credit approval including working with processors and housing analysts.
As the Underwriting Team Lead, you will be responsible for helping your direct reports develop as underwriters and achieve optimum productivity while exceeding loan quality and customer service standards. You will be responsible for executing solutions to identified system and process gaps, as well as acting as department representative for loan escalations and prioritization needs. In this role, you will facilitate alignment and efficiency within the department and scaling best practices across the Underwriting department and with the BP origination teams. This includes the oversight of individual & team performance and projects to optimize performance. This role will report directly to the Underwriting Manager.
- Empower your team members to commit to excellence by fostering a culture of excellence.
- Actively coach your team - guide them to be the best versions of themselves and contribute to the growth of others
- Identify process gaps and optimize efficiency/quality in Underwriting by implementing process changes across the team
- Lead, oversee, and monitor the Underwriting Power Users
- Assist with loan prioritization and loan level escalations
- Ongoing monitoring of pipeline to ensure individual underwriter productivity and quality
- Function as a technical resource for the team for the Ops platform
- Organize and facilitate regular weekly department meetings
- Lead orientation and training of new hires and current department personnel
- Develop training material, job aides, and/or tools to create process efficiency
- Act as a liaison between the underwriting team and other department team leads and managers
- Perform other duties and special projects as required
- Hold weekly team meetings, bi-weekly 1:1’s, and team huddles.
- In conjunction with the Underwriting Manager, complement semi-annual performance evaluations of team members
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or a departmentally related field
- 5 or more years of successful professional experience within the mortgage lending industry
- 3 or more years as a successful mortgage underwriter
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and collaboration among department members
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment utilizing Google applications
- Self starter who excels in a fast paced agile software development environment
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49