LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
The Accounting team ensures all money movements can be accounted for and ensures LendingHome can generate valuable insights from financial reports. We partner with all areas of the business to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
We are looking for a self-starting and technically strong Senior Accountant, who is excited to grow with the organization. This cross-functional position will provide the ideal person with exposure to all levels of the organization including senior management. The senior accountant will handle day to day accounting activities, and will take on some of the more technical aspects of accounting and reporting. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of US GAAP and experience interpreting and implementing technical pronouncements. LendingHome has a very collaborative culture and is fast-paced. We just implemented Workday and there are opportunities to help improve processes and integrate new features. We are building a great company here and people who are passionate about creating and building something meaningful can be very successful.
- Prepare journal entries to record the activities from the fair value models, adjustments, other revenue streams, receivables and cash inflows.
- Executing the monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables, preparing balance sheet account reconciliations and roll forwards.
- Prepare monthly consolidated P&L, Balance Sheet and flux analysis for management reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, internal controls, and provide support for special requests.
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks).
- Assist in financial audit with external auditors for audit requests.
- Assist in compliance, investor and tax reporting.
- Drive to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process.
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives and ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- At least 4 years of overall general accounting experience, tech/mortgage/financial service industry & public accounting experience combination preferred.
- BA in Accounting required; CPA or in process.
- Strong Excel skills required; experience with eshares/Carta and Workday a plus.
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded and/or start-up company a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with individuals throughout the company.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently.
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.