We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The Risk team takes a data-driven approach to measure, analyze, and mitigate Credit Risk. Our work is highly accretive to the bottom line. Mortgage is a multi-trillion dollar market which generates complex and fascinating data sets. These are used by our analysts to solve practical business problems such as writing efficient policy rules, optimizing pricing and credit decisions, accurately valuing real assets pledged as collateral, improving operational efficiency, and identifying mortgage fraud.
LendingHome is seeking a talented Credit Risk Analyst to join the Risk team in our effort to make the lifelong journey of homeownership awesome for our customers. You will assist in tackling challenging business problems, including credit policy development and process optimization. You will work cross-functionally with Operations, Capital Markets, Servicing, Product, and many other teams to advance various initiatives. This role reports to our Credit Risk Manager.
- Assist in the research, development, implementation, and execution of credit policies and procedures to support operations
- Define, create, and improve metrics and dashboards that precisely and accurately measure the health of the business
- Conduct in depth analysis on portfolio characteristic and performance trends, identify root causes for places where the current strategies fall short, and create actionable recommendations
- Perform rigorous analysis on a variety of subjects and create pragmatic solutions to improve business results
- Build tools to automate and/or simplify analytics, reporting, and operational procedures
- Communicate insightful analysis to leadership team and influence management decisions
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support various business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in an analytic role at a commercial bank, investment bank, consulting firm, or technology company
- Ability to comfortably manipulate, validate, and analyze large datasets
- In-depth experience in using SQL, R, or Python
- High intellectual curiosity to always ask “why”
- Ability to apply analytical insights quickly to day to day work
- A mindset to think critically, challenge the status quo, and not take things for granted just because they exist
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and communicate well with a diverse set of colleagues, both technical and non-technical, at all levels of the organization
- A resourceful and pragmatic approach to problem solving and recognition that the best solutions are sometimes the simplest
- Incredible attention to detail while also applying the 80/20 rule in the right situations
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49