LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
A summer internship at LendingHome’s Pittsburgh Office offers you unparalleled networking and mentorship to kickstart your career in an emerging tech ecosystem. We’re a product and technology-led company that values building a diverse and inclusive team who treat each other with respect and empathy. We’re entrepreneurial, diligent, and emphasize a culture that promotes creativity and merit. We’ve been featured in Wealthfront’s 2018 Career Launching Companies, as well as Forbes’ Fintech 50. Come meet your future colleagues, investors, and even co-founders!
We organize the Summer Internship for Software Engineering in both our San Francisco and our Pittsburgh office locations. Please let the hiring team know which office location you prefer during the interview process
Get Things Done
We believe in hiring the absolute best, and strive to achieve quality over quantity. Because we move millions of dollars in transactions every day, we value finding the right balance between speed and stability. Our team engages in all dimensions of the business, from sales and marketing to capital markets and underwriting.
We’ll work with you as you own and deliver business features that directly impact our core business, user experience, and ultimately help us to revolutionize the mortgage industry. Previous interns have worked on projects from launching a pilot consumer mortgage program to a machine vision lambda for text extraction.
Work and Play
At LendingHome, we believe in challenging our engineers, while also having fun. We are a highly cross-functional organization with a strong culture of collaboration that focuses on maximizing impact. You’ll attend company all-hands meetings and get first-hand experience in a company that’s growing rapidly and sustainably. Pittsburgh’s emerging tech sector was recently featured in GeekWire; our office is located in Nova Place, close to downtown and the stadiums, so you’ll spend less time commuting and more time shipping code. You may even spend an afternoon with the Pirates at PNC Park, at the Warhol Museum, kayaking on the three rivers, or exploring the foodie Strip District.
The ideal candidate for this role would have the following skills:
- Object-Oriented Design Knowledge
- Experience working with groups to build and deploy projects
- Mortgage experience not required - just general curiosity and a willingness to learn and make a difference
Send us a link to your GitHub / LinkedIn, or apply using the link below. We look forward to hearing from you!
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.