We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The Controller is a self-motivated, independent financial leader that ensures the company’s finance and accounting function will scale and support the company’s rapid growth. The Controller can motivate not only their team but also the entire organization to instill a culture of sound financial management. This person must be comfortable in a start-up environment, be analytical, detail-oriented, and able to develop both month-end financials and long-range business plans.
This high visibility position reports to the Chief Financial Officer / Chief Operating Officer (one person) and is responsible for leading the accounting, tax, and financial reporting activities and will implement the procedures, processes, and systems to enable us to meet operational, reporting and audit requirements as we scale.
- Partner with senior management to build financial discipline throughout the organization and enable strong performance against strategic, financial, and operational goals
- Manage accounting operations, tax, and financial reporting; direct the daily activities for GL, AP, loan accounting, revenue, commissions, payroll, and equity administration
- Lead annual financial audits and quarterly balance sheet and financial reviews, build strong auditor relationships, and partner internally to support operational and compliance programs
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions; drive process improvement at all levels of the Finance organization
- Prepare internal and external financial reporting, partner internally to prepare materials for board meetings, investor presentations, and industry trade shows
- Implement effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, the integrity of corporate data, and safeguarding of assets
- Support corporate transactions including equity or debt financing, M&A, and IPO preparations
- Build, lead and manage a high-performance team, actively participate in building a culture that is customer service-focused and team-oriented
- 10-plus years of progressive accounting management experience, including experience at a major public accounting firm
- Strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting
- Experience with M&A support and IPO process
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong experience with Excel and related tools
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills
- Track record of building and developing high-performance accounting teams in a fast-paced organization
- Experience with SEC reporting and SOX compliance is preferred
- Experience taking a private company through IPO or acquisition into a public company a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA a must
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49