We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The Risk team takes a data-driven approach to measure, analyze, and mitigate Credit Risk. Our work is highly accretive to the bottom line. Mortgage is a multi-trillion dollar market which generates complex and fascinating data sets. These are used by our analysts to solve practical business problems such as identifying fraud patterns, optimizing pricing and credit decisions, valuing real assets pledged as collateral, and improving operational efficiency.
LendingHome is seeking a talented Senior Risk Analyst to join the Risk team in our effort to make the lifelong journey of homeownership awesome for our customers. You will start from portfolio risk management analytics and expand to tackle challenging business problems, including credit policy development and channel optimization. An ideal candidate will apply critical thinking skills and advanced data manipulation techniques to simplify complex business problems. You will have to work cross-functionally with Servicing, Product, Engineering, Capital Markets, and many other teams to co-pilot different initiatives. You will take ownership over processes that are as simple as cleaning data to as complex as fraud detection. An ideal candidate finds a way to win in ambiguity and uncertainty. If you’re keen on working on intellectually challenging problems in a fast-paced environment, LendingHome is the place for you. This role reports to our Risk Analytics Manager.
- Craft analytic framework and perform rigorous analysis to solve a variety of complex business problems with pragmatic solutions
- Define, create, and improve metrics and dashboards that precisely and accurately measure the health of the business
- Conduct in depth analysis on portfolio characteristic and performance trends, identify root causes for places where the current strategies fall short, and create actionable recommendations
- Build and implement tools to automate and/or simplify analytics, reporting, and potentially operations procedures
- Communicate insightful analysis results to leadership team and influence management decisions
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and leads cross-functional initiatives to support various business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in an analytic role at a commercial bank, investment bank, consulting firm, or technology company
- Ability to comfortably manipulate, validate, and analyze large datasets
- In-depth experience in using SQL, R, or Python
- High intellectual curiosity to always ask “why”
- Ability to apply analytical insights quickly to day to day work
- A mindset to think critically, challenge the status quo, and not take things for granted just because they exist
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and communicate well with a diverse set of colleagues, both technical and non-technical, at all levels of the organization
- A resourceful and pragmatic approach to problem solving and recognition that the best solutions are sometimes the simplest
- Incredible attention to detail while also applying the 80/20 rule in the right situations
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in a quantitative discipline
- Excellent grasp of fundamentals in statistics and or business analytics
- Experience with residential mortgage models, especially with mortgage underwriting, scoring, default, or prepayment
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49