We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
In this role, in collaboration with product, design, and engineering teams you will take business requirements, convert them into functional test cases and automate them. You will take the existing automation framework and extend it to support growing business needs. You will think long term and strategic when designing and extending the LendingHome automation platform while ensuring the architecture is evolving in the right direction to support business and product growth.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for making a positive impact working with engineering and business teams , solving complex problems efficiently using automation while constantly learning as well as sharing knowledge and will bring a strong background in building and testing best-in-class applications.
- Be a strong quality proponent, provide strong oversight, and lead team members in quality initiatives
- Build and maintain software test automation frameworks, data factories, and internal tools
- Collaborate with the greater engineering team to adopt test automation best practices
- Contribute in all team related meetings, including but not limited to daily standups, sprint planning, grooming, and sprint reviews
- Contribute to our long-term vision and strategy for improved quality via automation
- Develop and maintain automated regression testing to support product releases using Capybara, RSpec, Site Prism, and Ruby on Rails
- Develop innovative solutions to improve quality, test efficiency, regression coverage, product performance, and system stability
- Drive quality improvements during the entire product development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design review, code review, testing and automation
- Drive software quality using Git, Github, Peer-Reviews, Jira, and Pair Programming
- Mentor, support, and train team members
- Navigate through ambiguity, prioritize conflicting asks based on risk, and have an ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Own the bug lifecycle from identification, fix, release, and automated regression testing
- Prioritize and balance exploratory testing vs automation based on specifications
- Work with a team to deliver consistent, quality work each sprint, meeting the teams sprint commitments
- Be a strong partner to Product Managers, UX Designers, and other functions
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders
- At least three years of test automation framework design and development experience
- Strong knowledge of Ruby or equivalent language and a testing framework
- Strong working knowledge of Test Development with SQL
- Strong knowledge in testing strategies, development test plans and using testing tools
- Excellent teamwork and communication ability
- Mortgage background not required, but eager to learn the business.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer