We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
LendingHome is a product and technology-led company. Engineers are encouraged to transition between teams after their first year to learn how different parts of the business work, build stronger ties and share ideas between groups. We want to make LendingHome a group of diverse and inclusive people who treat each other with respect and empathy. We are a group who believe in leveling ourselves up as well as helping each other level up through mentorship and sharing of ideas.
We’re a highly cross-functional organization with a strong culture of collaboration that we focus on maximizing impact.
The Engineering Manager plays a key role in the development of our mortgage platform and mortgage marketplace. This requires a thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop scalable, extensible technology, as well as how to structure and develop a rapidly growing customer-focused engineering organization. This presents a significant intellectual, technical and operational challenge.
- You will lead a team of software engineers in the development, unit testing, and implementation of products and services. You will need to establish teams that can deliver fast and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver based on the evolving needs of the business.
- You will bring thought leadership to advance the overall state of culture and technology for the entire engineering organization.
- You will be responsible for hiring, mentoring and managing a highly skilled set of Software Development Engineers. Managing them to deliver and grow their careers.
- You will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time and working with multiple stakeholders to define use cases, requirements, and milestones.
- You will ensure that the solutions developed are technically sound by leading design and having the ability to deep dive into the code and algorithms that your teams own and develop.
- You will effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure that the most informed decisions are being made.
- You will build project plans, manage timelines and align cross-functional teams towards a common goal and vision.
- You will draw on customer feedback as well as usage and operational data to quickly iterate and evolve our products and services.
- You will play a critical role in business planning, working closely with senior leaders to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence our long-term technical and Business Strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to ship complex large-scale projects with high availability.
- Serious people leadership chops. Mentorship is one of the most important aspects of this role.
- Demonstrated ability to attract top talent and building high performing teams.
- Strong experience in agile and test-driven methodologies.
- Razor-sharp verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to create consensus among passionate stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Technical adeptness across the full stack. As a tactical problem-solver, be ready to get in the code when necessary.
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life.
- 7+ years of engineering experience.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience, with a proven track record in designing and executing large-scale products.
- B.S. degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related technical fields.
- Experience managing Rails teams a plus.
- No mortgage experience needed, just a hunger to learn.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer