We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
LendingHome is reimagining the mortgage process from the ground up based on technology as a simple, fast, transparent marketplace for borrowers and investors. We’re chasing the goal of being the best way to get a mortgage and the best way to invest in them. In the process of chasing this big goal, we’ve become the fastest growing marketplace lender to date, and are uniquely positioned to be the world’s leading mortgage marketplace. LendingHome is taking on a huge problem and growing rapidly towards becoming the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
The Consumer Mortgage Lending team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an experienced Closer to join our Operations team. The team prides itself on our fun and collaborative culture. In addition to being the first line of contact with new customers, you’ll have a hand in shaping how our the Closing Team works and how we can delight customers with a truly different mortgage experience.
This role will guide our consumer loans after the loan approval stage through the funding and closing of the loan, fostering relationships with our closing agents and internal team members along the way as you work with them to make the process of borrowing through LendingHome smooth and simple.
- Meet and exceed your daily and monthly quotas, while upholding our high standards for quality. You'll do this through your strong focus on service, relationship building, and customer empathy.
- Provide excellent customer service (internally and externally) and ensure customer relationship is maintained at the highest possible level.
- Bring your wits, strategies and ideas by helping us make our closing process as efficient and pleasant as possible.
- Speak up and suggest improvements wherever you see an opportunity.
- Work with the loan origination team, closing agents and borrowers to ensure a quick, accurate and pleasant closing experience.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of loans once the loans enters your queue, including audit loan files, prepare closing documents, coordinate loan signing with closing agents and borrowers, review signed closing documents, ensure all conditions have been met, and finally fund and close your loans.
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable federal and state laws and company policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned by the supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least three years of experience in closing consumer mortgage loans
- Strong understanding of TRID regulations; experience in preparing and issuing Initial Disclosures to borrowers strongly preferred
- You have a track record as a self-starter, with excellent time management skills, and a strong desire to learn.
- You have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- You are open to feedback, comfortable speaking up and asking questions and able to follow a proven process.
- You are flexible and can work in a dynamic environment of rapid change in procedures and prioritization.
- You are a team player.
- You have strong computer skills with experience in Encompass, Calyx Point, or another mortgage LOS, along with Microsoft Word & Excel. GoogleDocs experience a plus.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer