We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The Risk team takes a data-driven approach to measure, analyze, and mitigate Credit Risk. Our work is highly accretive to the bottom line. Mortgage is a multi-trillion dollar market which generates complex and fascinating data sets. These are used by our analysts to solve practical business problems such as writing efficient policy rules, optimizing pricing and credit decisions, accurately valuing real assets pledged as collateral, improving operational efficiency, and identifying mortgage fraud.
LendingHome is seeking a talented Credit Risk Analyst to join the Risk team in our effort to make the lifelong journey of homeownership awesome for our customers. You will assist in tackling challenging business problems, including credit policy development and process optimization. You will work cross-functionally with Operations, Capital Markets, Servicing, Product, and many other teams to advance various initiatives. You will take ownership over administrative functions that support the credit exception process. An ideal candidate finds a way to win in ambiguity and uncertainty. If you’re keen on working on intellectually challenging problems in a fast-paced environment, LendingHome is the place for you. This role reports to our Credit Risk Manager.
- Assist in the research, development, implementation, and execution of credit policies and procedures to support operations across two business lines: Fix & Flip investment lending and Consumer Mortgage lending.
- Monitor, evaluate, and organize announcements from FNMA/FHLMC & investor counterparties for changes to guidelines to ensure alignment with business requirements, best practices, and applicable laws.
- Provide administrative and system support for the credit committee in the execution and tracking of policy exceptions.
- Track policy exceptions to identify trends, gaps, and overall performance of approved exceptions.
- Provide cross-functional assistance in the interpretation and execution of credit policy for internal teams including Operations, Sales, Capital Markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- 2+ years experience in a financial services company
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An analytical mindset to think critically, problem solve, and improve upon the status quo
- Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in consumer or real estate lending
- Knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC guidelines
- Able to read and analyze financial documents including tax returns, bank statements, financial statements, and credit reports.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49