We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
We are excited to be in the process of designing our new in-house Design Org. At the core of this careful, thoughtful process is finding extraordinarily talented individuals who desire to work in an environment where we all share the belief that ‘Design is how it works’*. At LendingHome we are building the future; a key aspect of our growth is building inherent value in our products through design. The Design Org is responsible for all Visual, User Experience, and Product Design at LendingHome. Our partnerships include deep collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Marketing. Our audience includes consumers as well as internal professional users.
*Steve Jobs, 2003 New York Times article “The Guts of a New Machine.”
As a valuable member of the Design Org, your role will be to produce high-quality deliverables and support design as a core practice in our product lifecycle. Your visual and user experience design skills will be critical in delivering our message to millions of engaged consumers as we build world-class consumer products. You will work closely with your peers in the Design Org, Product Managers, and Engineers in a collaborative open environment. You will represent the Design Org in a supporting role during internal presentations and cross-departmental initiatives.
This unique role in our Design Org is tailored for a highly skilled Product Designer with a strong understanding of Design Systems and UI Engineering. Your career, skills, and sense of self is part Designer, part Engineer. You are equally proficient in CSS & HTML as you are in Sketch. However deep in code this role goes will depend on your skills but the perspective will be securely rooted in Design. You will collaborate with Engineering, maintain a Design System, and build working prototypes but you will not need to support production issues or UI architecture.
The perfect candidate will be an artist and natural simplifier with deep experience in the digital consumer space, skilled at presenting their design perspective, open to feedback or constraints, and accepting of compromise when necessary. They will be steeped in observation and listening skills, with the masterful mix of design skills borne from intuition, empathy, and research experience.
- Lead Product Design efforts on multiple concurrent projects
- Define, share and deliver work to ensure project excellence
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, user research, identifying deliverables, estimating effort, design, UAT, post-launch evaluation, and stakeholder communication.
- Present work and rationale to stakeholders.
- Create and maintain documentation and deliverables for multiple stakeholders: partners, visual designer, and engineers
- Design applications and product experiences either from concept or as an iteration on existing platforms
- Individual contributions will include creating wireframes, product mockups, responsive web design, style guides, design pattern libraries, and working prototypes.
- Assist or lead on research initiatives
- Articulate decisions with research data, design principles or other objective information
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and user-centered design practices.
- Keep abreast of digital trends and capabilities and ensure junior members of the team are trained up on newest developments
- Conceptualize and articulate strong, user-centered and delightful interactions
- 5 + years of experience.
- Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
- Understanding of design research, user experience design processes and methodology, its value and how to integrate into work.
- Expertise in tools common to modern Visual and UX Design work: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure/Invision/Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, etc.
- Expertise in designing UI elements by hand-coding CSS and HTML.
- You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills.
- You can observe, analyze, question, and conceptualize.
- You can articulate your decision and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace.
- You are reliable. You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arises.
- You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value.
- A curiosity that drives you to look at the world as a solution instead of just existing patterns and mental models.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49