We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
We look for track records of clean and practical design where the focus is on doing things right and shipping code fast but not necessarily getting everything perfect. Strong teamwork is a must given the small tight-knit group.
If you are interested in reinventing one of the largest financial markets in the world, would find it fun to programmatically move 100's of millions of dollars per day, think technology can streamline very operational businesses, can handle hardcore quantitative analysis, appreciate great consumer experiences, have a thirst for simplicity in the face of complexity, and aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and learn something new, you may have found your new home.
Purpose of the Role
A TPM owns the balancing act of managing technical processes and teams along with using his/her technical skills to provide the necessary environment for project success. The job of a technical program manager requires efficiency in both technical as well as management fields. The TPM must don several hats of proficiently in managing cross functional teams, facilitate Engineering for gaining clarity in requirements, facilitate estimation of project budgets, help schedule project timelines, work with Engineering Leadership to arrange resources and drive solving technical problems and surface and communicate risks to various Product/Business teams at frequent intervals. They work with Product Management/Engineering leadership on project planning, setting targets and deliverables, and making decisions.
- Manage cross-functional software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas
- Work with business users to understand their use cases and their existing solutions.
- Collaborate with Product/Engineering teams to drive the product roadmaps. Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Address bottlenecks, provide user input, anticipate and make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
- Facilitate training and outreach to internal support teams as well as external customers
- 10+ years of experience within software engineering with at least 5 years experience of software engineering, and project/program management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to testing to production deployment and maintenance
- Ability to manage multiple parallel projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration with diverse cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Web or internet start-up environment and technical management experience
- Demonstrated abilities in managing customer-centric projects, from requirements gathering to operation phase
- Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
- A passion for staying up-to-date with cloud technology
- Knowledge of product development (including areas such as C, Java, basic network protocols, and web services), Quality Engineering, and release models
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49