At LendingHome, we are on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
LendingHome is a product and technology-led company. Engineers are encouraged to transition between teams after their first year to learn how different parts of the business work, build stronger ties and share ideas between groups. We want to make LendingHome a group of diverse and inclusive people who treat each other with respect and empathy. We are a group who believes in leveling ourselves up as well as helping each other level up through mentorship and sharing ideas.
We are a highly cross-functional organization with a strong culture of collaboration that focuses on maximizing impact.
As a full-stack engineer, you will develop domain expertise to design and build well-tested web applications and services, publish REST APIs, consume APIs from 3rd-party sources, as well as develop tools that enhance daily productivity. You are product oriented and a self-starter, strong partner to internal teams such as product management, design, data, sales, and marketing. You will help mentor your peers and less experienced engineers. Help drive alignment on teams and ensure we are making a positive impact on the business. You understand tradeoffs and can articulate them. You are focused on how to build leverage into the team.
- Typical 3+/7+ years Sr./Staff of software development experience
- Experience working on projects from initial concept through development and deployment and beyond with minimal oversight needed
- Strong and recent development experience in a large application codebase
- Experience working in large multi-team environments
- Experience mentoring less experienced developers
- Full-stack, professional web development experience
- Familiarity with common design patterns, and an understanding of when and how to effectively use them
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with technologies like Ruby on Rails, Git, Rspec, Postgres, Redis, HAML, Sass, jQuery and React is preferred
- Startup environment experience
- Industry experience in lending, finance, or real estate
- Familiarity with web analytics and reporting
- Experience with monolithic and multi-app environments
- Experience working in a regulated market
- Experience with building systems for compliance auditing
What We Look For
- Nice person who loves building useful products
- Get things done and own what you build
- Tackle a wide variety of technical challenges throughout the stack
- Understands and can clearly articulate the value of testing
- Curious individual with an interest in learning new things
- Team player and collaborator
- Role model who can lead by example
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49