LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
LendingHome is a product and technology-led company. Engineers are encouraged to transition between teams after their first year to learn how different parts of the business work, build stronger ties and share ideas between groups. We want to make LendingHome a group of diverse and inclusive people who treat each other with respect and empathy. We are a group who believes in leveling ourselves up as well as helping each other level up through mentorship and sharing ideas.
We are a highly cross-functional organization with a strong culture of collaboration that focuses on maximizing impact.
As a full-stack engineer, you will develop domain expertise to design and build well-tested web applications and services, publish REST APIs, consume APIs from 3rd-party sources, as well as develop tools that enhance daily productivity. You are product oriented and a self-starter, strong partner to internal teams such as product management, design, data, sales, and marketing. You will help mentor your peers and less experienced engineers. Help drive alignment on teams and ensure we are making a positive impact on the business. You understand tradeoffs and can articulate them. You are focused on how to build leverage into the team.
- Typical 3+/7+ years Sr./Staff of software development experience
- Experience working on projects from initial concept through development and deployment and beyond with minimal oversight needed
- Strong and recent development experience in a large application codebase
- Experience working in large multi-team environments
- Experience mentoring less experienced developers
- Full-stack, professional web development experience
- Familiarity with common design patterns, and an understanding of when and how to effectively use them
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with technologies like Ruby on Rails, Git, Rspec, Postgres, Redis, HAML, Sass, jQuery and React is preferred
- Startup environment experience
- Industry experience in lending, finance, or real estate
- Familiarity with web analytics and reporting
- Experience with monolithic and multi-app environments
- Experience working in a regulated market
- Experience with building systems for compliance auditing
What We Look For:
- Nice person who loves building useful products
- Get things done and own what you build
- Tackle a wide variety of technical challenges throughout the stack
- Understands and can clearly articulate the value of testing
- Curious individual with an interest in learning new things
- Team player and collaborator
- Role model who can lead by example
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49