Senior Display Optical Engineer – Leia Inc.
We are seeking a Senior Display Optical Engineer who will help design and optimize Leia’s lightfield display products.
You will be part of the team that is responsible for the optical designs of all current and next-gen Leia display products.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Optical modeling and optimization of Leia display system through non-sequential ray-
tracing (LightTools preferred).
- Collaborate with fabrication team / production team / external vendors to set up experiments
for design verification
- Perform data analysis and obtain insights from simulation and measurement results to
improve current and guide next-gen design
- Design, prototype, and implement novel display backlighting concepts
This is a position based in Menlo Park, CA
- PhD with 1 – 3 years industry experience or Master with 3 – 5 years industry experience in Optics, Physics or related field.
- Experience with ray-tracing simulation software (LightTools preferred or Zemax)
- Proficiency with scripting in Matlab and/or Python
- Self-starter with energy and drive to work in a startup environment
- Team player with strong communication skills
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of diffractive optics
- Familiarity with display optics, with knowledge of 3D / lightfield displays a plus
- Simulations and modeling software development in C/C++, Fortran, Python, Matlab, etc
- Track record of creative and innovative problem solving
- Experience with freeform optics optimization
- Experience with machine learning
- Knowledge of human visual perception (color and vision science)
Light up Life
At Leia we are working at the forefront of display technology — making screens come to life in
richer, deeper, and more beautiful ways. We apply our proprietary nanotechnology to give any
display the ability to produce Lightfield, immersive “holographic” content — no glasses, no
tracking, no fuss. Come join a team that’s ready to redefine the digital experiences of tomorrow!
What we Offer
In order to assemble top talent to help realize this mission, Leia offers our employees:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan
- Retirement Savings Plan 401(k)
- Catered lunch (Dependent on Location)
- Generous PTO policy
- Onsite workout facility (Dependent on Location)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave Policy
- Employee Referral Bonuses
Leia Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.