Product Marketing Manager
Remote - US
Role and Responsibilities
The Product Marketing manager plays a pivotal role in Legion’s mission - turning hourly jobs into good jobs - and tells our story in ways that inspire, educate and motivate prospects, customers, and retail industry influencers. The successful candidate is excited to work for a growing startup, curious, and comfortable working with go-to-market and product teams to translate the value Legion’s products deliver to solve critical workforce management challenges.
This role is full-time, reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, and is a fully remote position.
Critical Capabilities include:
- Customer Communications: Manage and write release announcements and other customer communications.
- Competitive Intelligence & Market Analysis: Research and analyze current business situations and workforce-related trends to proactively position Legion’s solutions through compelling messaging that addresses those critical issues and drivers.
- Support Sales with Product Value Propositions: Create impactful sales tools and resources, including collateral, thought leadership, and presentations, and partner with sales development reps on key demand generation sequencing messages.
- Develop Product Level Messaging: Identify key personas for our buyers, who they are, how they buy, their key buying criteria, and the “so what” for why it is essential. Collaborate cross-functionally to develop product messages and value propositions that support the buying journey and resonate with target personas.
- Support Demand Generation Campaigns: Create and deliver compelling messages and presentations for marketing programs, demand-generation webcasts, and events.
- Develop Customer Value Stories: Create customer stories and package the value they have derived from Legion, highlighting the value derived
- 5+ years of technology marketing experience, preferably with workforce management or retail background
- Superior written and verbal communication and storytelling skills
- Strong product or industry marketing background ideal
Personal attributes and values
- Self-starter who can identify problems and proactively suggest, then execute creative solutions.
- An analytical and curious individual passionate about understanding how products work and their value to customers.
- A “get stuff done” person who can juggle multiple programs and initiatives.
- Team player who is willing and able to collaborate
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary Range: $110,000 - $140,000 plus bonus
At Legion, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to all employees. As a fully remote employer, Legion determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data. Our posted salary range is done so in good faith based on national data and may be refined for a candidate's region/town/cost of living. We strive to make competitive offers allowing employees room for future growth. Salaries will be based on the applicant’s location, level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and internal equity within the company for the same position.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible medical, dental, and vision plans effective on the first day of employment
- 401k plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Monthly Lunch on Legion
Legion is seeking world-class talent to help us capitalize on a massive opportunity to enable the future of work for the 2.7 billion-person strong hourly workforce. Legion powers the future of work by redefining how companies manage and empower their hourly workforces. Legion’s autonomous, AI-powered Workforce Management platform enables companies to tightly manage labor spend while ensuring great experiences for their employees and customers. The software accurately forecasts demand, computes precise labor needs, and staffs the right employees at the right times based on employee skills and preferences. These uncertain times also require healthy workplace features that automate the scheduling of healthy employees and offer immediate response protocols in the event symptoms are detected. These capabilities and more are already built directly into Legion.
Legion’s modern cloud platform pairs cutting edge machine learning, artificial intelligence, and beautiful interfaces to deliver over 10x return on investment. Legion was founded by Sanish Mondkar, the former Chief Product Officer of SAP, and serves many innovative customers including Dollar General, Five Below, Panda Express, Cinemark, and Vail Resorts. Legion has been recognized by Gartner, and was recently included on JMP Securities’ Hot 100 List of the Best Privately Held Software Companies. Legion is backed by preeminent venture firms such as Norwest Venture Partners, Stripes, First Round Capital, Webb Investment Network, Workday Ventures, NTT Docomo Ventures, and XYZ Ventures, and is based in Palo Alto, California.
BACKGROUND AND OPPORTUNITY
The hourly workforce currently constitutes almost 60% of the overall labor market in the United States and these nearly 80 million hourly workers are the driving force behind many of our largest domestic industries like food/beverage, retail and hospitality. Management of this workforce has historically been difficult due to high churn (average of 60%), high cost of replacement (average of $3,200 per employee in retail) and now new challenges are developing as millennials enter this market. The retail vertical alone spends $62 billion dollars a year on replacing workers and over 50% of hourly workers leave their jobs because of flexibility reasons.
In our modern, Uber-ized times, younger folks seek gig-like flexibility, modern mobile first technology and compelling work options. They want to use an app on their phone to schedule work, not haggle with the manager over their schedule on a week to week basis. Likewise, employers are increasingly in need of a flexible and efficient labor model that supports the innovations (think pop up stores, home delivery, mobile ordering, service options etc) needed, and frankly demanded, by today’s modern customers. Mid market organizations have never had a technology platform to manage their hourly workers and the enterprise is mired in decades old technology (think Kronos, Infor) that’s both user unfriendly and wildly ineffective for managing today’s modern hourly workforce. There is a huge opportunity to modernize and upgrade how hourly workers interact with their employers and while enabling employers to be elastic, efficient and innovative...but no one has cracked the code until now.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Legion Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email email@example.com.
Legion is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
How We Determine What We Pay
As a fully remote employer, Legion determines pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data. We evaluate external equity and the cost of labor/prevailing wage index in the relative marketplace for jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company. Our posted salary range is based on national data and may be refined for a candidate's region/town/cost of living. For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers allowing the new employee room for future growth. Salaries will be based on the applicant’s location, level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and internal equity within the company for the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of personal information through the application and recruitment process. We collect such information either directly from you or (where applicable) from another person or entity, such as an employment agency or consultancy, background check provider, or other referral sources. This information includes:
- Identification and contact information, and related identifiers such as full name, date and place of birth, citizenship and permanent residence, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and such information about your beneficiaries or emergency contacts.
- Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Recruitment, employment, or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or engagement process; and copies of identification documents, such as driver’s licenses, passports, and visas; and background screening results and references.
- Career information such as job titles; work history; work dates and work locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements, and preferences; and professional memberships
- Education Information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
- Legally protected classification information such as race, sex/gender, religious/ philosophical beliefs, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, nationality, ethnicity, request for family care leave, political opinions, and criminal history.
- Other information such as any information you voluntarily choose to provide in connection with your job application.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect, use, share, and store personal information from job applicants for our and our service providers’ business and operational purposes in the recruitment process such as: processing your application, tracking your application through the recruitment process, contacting references with your authorization, conducting background checks you authorize, and making hiring decisions. We will also use job applicant information for internal analysis purposes to understand the applicants who apply and to improve our recruitment process. We may sometimes need to use applicant information for legal purposes, such as in connection with any challenges made to our hiring decisions.
With Whom We Share Personal Information
We will disclose job applicant personal information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
- Internally: to other Legion personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Vendors: such as technology service providers, travel management providers, human resources suppliers, background check companies, and employment agencies or recruiters, where applicable.
- Legal Compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
- Litigation Purposes: to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
- Business Transaction Purposes: in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger.
- How to Contact Us About this Policy – If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.