Marketing Automation and Operations Manager
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
As a Marketing Automation and Operations Manager, you will play a pivotal part in Legion’s mission to turn hourly jobs into good jobs. The manager will execute and measure the effectiveness of programs that tell our story in ways that inspire, educate, and motivate prospects, customers, and industry influencers. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to work for a growing startup, is analytical and data-driven, and is comfortable partnering with Sales and other cross-functional stakeholders.
This role is full-time, reporting to the Senior Director of Demand Generation, with the option to be fully remote or have the ability to work from our Redwood City, California office when desired.
The most critical deliverables include:
- Plan and execute a wide range of Marketing Operations projects to improve campaign tracking, lead management, and overall execution of marketing campaigns
- Build and maintain automated programs in Marketo for data hygiene, data enrichment, progressive profiling, and customized governance filters and compliance
- Assist with building highly complex marketing automation campaigns
- Collaborate with sales operations on enhancing and troubleshooting issues with the lead management process and system integrations
- Administer our marketing automation platform (Marketo)
- Manage data and integrations between marketing automation tool (Marketo) and CRM (as well as other marketing technology solutions)
- Design and manage automation (Marketo/Salesforce) workflows, and execute highly targeted campaigns, including emails, landing pages, and nurture streams
- Manage lead scoring to segment our database for nurturing campaigns
- Monitor and maintain data quality in the marketing database
- Implement and optimize campaign tracking to measure campaign effectiveness, campaign ROI, and other marketing programs. Develop and implement AB testing to improve demand generation initiatives.
- Design and build marketing data, reporting, analytics, attribution, and testing structures that are accurate and reliable
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience as a Marketo Admin
- Marketo-Certified Expert
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce.com
- Practical experience in reporting across platforms (Google Analytics, Marketo, and Salesforce)
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Excellent data analytical abilities to help drive decision
- Experience with building complex marketing programs and reporting the results
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Metrics driven with strong ownership and focus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent experience
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
- A self starter who loves collaboration and is open to feedback and comfortable working independently with a focus on high-priority issues
- You’re a “get stuff done person” that can juggle multiple programs, thrive in the execution details, and are results-oriented
- Personal passion and enthusiasm for industry-leading, next-generation technology
- Ability to operate confidently with limited resources in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of building positive relationships with peers
Legion Technologies’ mission is to transform hourly jobs into good jobs. The company’s industry-leading, AI-powered workforce management (WFM) platform optimizes labor efficiency and enhances the employee experience simultaneously – at scale. The Legion WFM platform has been proven to deliver 13x ROI through schedule optimization, reduced attrition, increased productivity, and increased operational efficiency. Legion delivers cutting-edge technology in an easy-to-use platform and mobile app that employees love. The company is backed by Norwest Venture Partners, Stripes, First Round Capital, XYZ Ventures, Webb Investment Network, Workday Ventures, and NTT DOCOMO Ventures. For more information, visit https://legion.co.
Legion is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of personal information through the application and recruitment process. We collect such information either directly from you or (where applicable) from another person or entity, such as an employment agency or consultancy, background check provider, or other referral sources. This information includes:
- Identification and contact information, and related identifiers such as full name, date and place of birth, citizenship and permanent residence, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and such information about your beneficiaries or emergency contacts.
- Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Recruitment, employment, or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or engagement process; and copies of identification documents, such as driver’s licenses, passports, and visas; and background screening results and references.
- Career information such as job titles; work history; work dates and work locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements, and preferences; and professional memberships
- Education Information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
- Legally protected classification information such as race, sex/gender, religious/ philosophical beliefs, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, nationality, ethnicity, request for family care leave, political opinions, and criminal history.
- Other information such as any information you voluntarily choose to provide in connection with your job application.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect, use, share, and store personal information from job applicants for our and our service providers’ business and operational purposes in the recruitment process such as: processing your application, tracking your application through the recruitment process, contacting references with your authorization, conducting background checks you authorize, and making hiring decisions. We will also use job applicant information for internal analysis purposes to understand the applicants who apply and to improve our recruitment process. We may sometimes need to use applicant information for legal purposes, such as in connection with any challenges made to our hiring decisions.
With Whom We Share Personal Information
We will disclose job applicant personal information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
- Internally: to other Legion personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Vendors: such as technology service providers, travel management providers, human resources suppliers, background check companies, and employment agencies or recruiters, where applicable.
- Legal Compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
- Litigation Purposes: to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
- Business Transaction Purposes: in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger.
- How to Contact Us About this Policy – If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact email@example.com.