Senior Product Manager (Redwood City, CA or Remote)
Background and Opportunity
Legion is seeking world class talent to help us capitalize on a massive opportunity to enable the future of work for the 2.7 billion-person strong deskless workforce. We have built a cutting edge workforce engagement suite which leverages AI and machine learning to deliver labor efficiency for employers and great experiences for employees across the Retail, Hospitality, and Fitness industries. Legion is backed by leading venture firms, including Norwest Venture Partners, Stripes, First Round Capital, Webb Investment Network, Workday Ventures, NTT Docomo Ventures, and XYZ Ventures.
Legion has revolutionized the application of AI to help turn hourly jobs into great jobs by improving labor efficiency and employee engagement. We are now taking the next step to create a new team that will focus on the future of workforce management. You'll be part of a true startup within a startup team with a direct line to the CEO and own the challenge to completely rethink the concept of hourly work.
We are looking for a driven, self-starting product manager to lead the product requirement gathering, design, and delivery of key areas as we seek to advance the employee experience functionality of our workforce management solution. The company is growing fast, and we’re looking for someone to grow with it.
Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze customer needs, define and prioritize product solutions based on overall product vision and strategy
- Partner with designers to create mockups and prototypes, validate the solution with customers, users, and internal stakeholders
- Work with the development scrum team to ensure successful implementation with high standards of reliability, quality, and usability
- Create product release notes, launch materials, and demo with marketing and pre-sales teams
- Work with Customer Success to ensure successful customer adoptions, support pre-sales activities and customer implementations questions
- Monitor and report on feature adoption and user feedback
Professional Background and Experience
- Experience with software product lifecycle, preferably in saas-based enterprise
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business, or equivalent experience
- 6 years of work experience
- 6+ years experience in product management
- Hands on experience configuring and customizing saas enterprise applications
- Strong API experience including using postman or similar tools to test and debug
- Experience with tools like JIRA, Confluence, and Balsamiq, Miro
- Expertise with agile development process
- Experience with data-driven analysis and user testing a plus
- Strong understanding of SSO and OAuth
Personal Attributes and Values
- Ability to operate in an environment with limited resources (this is a startup!)
- Not afraid to defend your opposing views- we want spirited discussions on requirements and designs
- Proactive and able to command respect through hard work and persistence
- Personal passion for solving business and user pain points through industry-leading next-generation technology
- A great communicator who can distill powerful messages which resonate with customers
- Experience presenting and influencing at the C-level
- Track record of building positive relationships with peers
- Continuous and thoughtful listener, able to learn from others and leverage input
Legion is looking for world-class talent to help us with our mission of enabling the global 2.7 billion-person-strong hourly workforce. At Legion, we are redefining how companies manage and empower their hourly workforces with our modern AI-powered Workforce Management platform. We help companies maximize labor efficiency and employee engagement simultaneously. Our cloud-native platform accurately forecasts demand, computes precise labor needs, and schedules the right employees at the right times based on employee skills and preferences. The platform also provides healthy worker features for these uncertain times.
Legion WFM includes cutting-edge machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), and the most intuitive interfaces to deliver over 10x return on investment. Legion was founded by Sanish Mondkar, the former Chief Product Officer at SAP, and it has many innovative customers, including Dollar General, Five Below, Panda Express, Cinemark, and Vail Resorts. Legion has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and it was recently included on JMP Securities’ Hot 100 List of the Best Privately Held Software Companies. Legion is a remote friendly organization with headquarters in Redwood City, California. It’s backed by leading venture firms, including Norwest Venture Partners, Stripes, First Round Capital, Webb Investment Network, Workday Ventures, NTT Docomo Ventures, and XYZ Ventures.
Legion is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of personal information through the application and recruitment process. We collect such information either directly from you or (where applicable) from another person or entity, such as an employment agency or consultancy, background check provider, or other referral sources. This information includes:
- Identification and contact information, and related identifiers such as full name, date and place of birth, citizenship and permanent residence, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and such information about your beneficiaries or emergency contacts.
- Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Recruitment, employment, or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or engagement process; and copies of identification documents, such as driver’s licenses, passports, and visas; and background screening results and references.
- Career information such as job titles; work history; work dates and work locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements, and preferences; and professional memberships
- Education Information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
- Legally protected classification information such as race, sex/gender, religious/ philosophical beliefs, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, nationality, ethnicity, request for family care leave, political opinions, and criminal history.
- Other information such as any information you voluntarily choose to provide in connection with your job application.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect, use, share, and store personal information from job applicants for our and our service providers’ business and operational purposes in the recruitment process such as: processing your application, tracking your application through the recruitment process, contacting references with your authorization, conducting background checks you authorize, and making hiring decisions. We will also use job applicant information for internal analysis purposes to understand the applicants who apply and to improve our recruitment process. We may sometimes need to use applicant information for legal purposes, such as in connection with any challenges made to our hiring decisions.
With Whom We Share Personal Information
We will disclose job applicant personal information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
- Internally: to other Legion personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Vendors: such as technology service providers, travel management providers, human resources suppliers, background check companies, and employment agencies or recruiters, where applicable.
- Legal Compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
- Litigation Purposes: to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
- Business Transaction Purposes: in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger.
- How to Contact Us About this Policy – If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact email@example.com.