Solution Consultant - Pre-Sales
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
The mission of the Solution Consultant is to configure and demonstrate the value of Legion’s next-generation workforce management technology to prospective customers. The Solution Consultant will pair their technical expertise, presentation skills, and keen interest in diagnosing an organization's labor management challenges to showcase Legion’s cutting-edge products in a tailored manner. We seek a Sales Engineer with expertise in pre-sales discovery meetings, demo environment setup and maintenance, and superior presentation skills to partner with our Enterprise Sales team to impress our prospects. This is a highly customer-facing role.
The most critical deliverables include:
- Become an expert for all Legion products
- Support the Enterprise Sales team with opportunities across demonstrations, Proof of Concept presentations, technical RFP responses, and business justification in a presales capacity
- Define and present how Legion’s platform addresses the critical business and operational issues that a prospect faces; form a deep understanding of a prospect’s business as well as their technical environment
- Identify potential risks/gaps and eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- As needed, travel to various field events such as meetings, conferences, etc.
- Participation in competitive landscape and differentiation discussions
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of software pre-sales experience
- Technical skills: SQL, Unix, ability to use Postman to access API endpoints, familiarity with any scripting language, Excel file manipulation, and data configuration and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer-facing skills. Ability to communicate at all levels in the customer organization.
- Superior organizational, project management, and multitasking skills
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment; early stage startup experience desired
- Experience in labor operations and/or Retail, Food & Beverage, or Hospitality industries a plus
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUE
- Proactive and able to command respect through intelligence, hard work, and persistence
- Personal passion and fervor for industry-leading next generation technology
- Ability to operate in an environment with limited resources
- A great communicator who can distill powerful messages which resonate with customers
- Track record of building positive relationships with peers
- Continuous and thoughtful listener, able to learn from others and leverage input
- Strong personal work ethic focused on high priority issues; action and results oriented
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
BACKGROUND AND OPPORTUNITY
Legion is seeking world class talent to help us capitalize on a massive opportunity to enable the future of work for the 2.7 billion-person strong deskless workforce. We have built a cutting edge workforce engagement suite which leverages AI and machine learning to deliver labor efficiency for employers and great experiences for employees across the Retail, Hospitality, and Fitness industries. Legion is backed by preeminent venture firms such as Norwest Venture Partners, First Round Capital, and XYZ Ventures and is based in Redwood City, California.
The hourly workforce currently constitutes almost 60% of the overall labor market in the United States and these nearly 80 million hourly workers are the driving force behind many of our largest domestic industries like food/beverage, retail and hospitality. Management of this workforce has historically been difficult due to high churn (average of 60%), high cost of replacement (average of $3,200 per employee in retail) and now new challenges are developing as millennials enter this market. The retail vertical alone spends $62 billion dollars a year on replacing workers and over 50% of hourly workers leave their jobs because of flexibility reasons.
In our modern, Uber-ized times, younger folks seek gig-like flexibility, modern mobile first technology and compelling work options. They want to use an app on their phone to schedule work, not haggle with the manager over their schedule on a week to week basis. Likewise, employers are increasingly in need of a flexible and efficient labor model that supports the innovations (think pop up stores, home delivery, mobile ordering, service options etc) needed, and frankly demanded, by today’s modern customers. Mid market organizations have never had a technology platform to manage their hourly workers and the enterprise is mired in decades old technology (think Kronos, Infor) that’s both user unfriendly and wildly ineffective for managing today’s modern hourly workforce. There is a huge opportunity to modernize and upgrade how hourly workers interact with their employers and while enabling employers to be elastic, efficient and innovative...but no one has cracked the code until now.
Legion’s mission is to build the platform that enables this transition. We have built a workforce engagement solution that applies AI and machine learning to accurately forecast demand and automatically match employees to work. The simple notion of matching work that needs to be done to the best suited employee who wants it and doing so in a fair, compliant and efficient manner is fundamental to today’s new job economy. The Legion platform provides flexible, efficient ways for employers and employees to engage with each other and enable the future of work.
At its core, this is a supply versus demand issue. Legion is able to use advanced machine learning to accurately predict how much work needs to be done and by what roles and skills. These forecasts are fully automated and tailored to the unique attributes of every location and take into account factors that impact customer traffic. For instance, rain could decrease customer traffic at an outdoor cafe but would likely increase the volume of delivery orders. Legion now helps you predictably staff for these events, and it gets more and more accurate as it ingests more data. Legion then uses AI to automatically match these forecasts to the best employees based on a wide variety of factors such as employee preference, skill, productivity and labor compliance policies. Likewise all of these rules are easily customizable to a unique business, policies and best practices of every customer. Legion is able to make informed and practical autonomous business decisions for every customer with the simple push of a button.
Legion is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of personal information through the application and recruitment process. We collect such information either directly from you or (where applicable) from another person or entity, such as an employment agency or consultancy, background check provider, or other referral sources. This information includes:
- Identification and contact information, and related identifiers such as full name, date and place of birth, citizenship and permanent residence, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and such information about your beneficiaries or emergency contacts.
- Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Recruitment, employment, or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or engagement process; and copies of identification documents, such as driver’s licenses, passports, and visas; and background screening results and references.
- Career information such as job titles; work history; work dates and work locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements, and preferences; and professional memberships
- Education Information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
- Legally protected classification information such as race, sex/gender, religious/ philosophical beliefs, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, nationality, ethnicity, request for family care leave, political opinions, and criminal history.
- Other information such as any information you voluntarily choose to provide in connection with your job application.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect, use, share, and store personal information from job applicants for our and our service providers’ business and operational purposes in the recruitment process such as: processing your application, tracking your application through the recruitment process, contacting references with your authorization, conducting background checks you authorize, and making hiring decisions. We will also use job applicant information for internal analysis purposes to understand the applicants who apply and to improve our recruitment process. We may sometimes need to use applicant information for legal purposes, such as in connection with any challenges made to our hiring decisions.
With Whom We Share Personal Information
We will disclose job applicant personal information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
- Internally: to other Legion personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Vendors: such as technology service providers, travel management providers, human resources suppliers, background check companies, and employment agencies or recruiters, where applicable.
- Legal Compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
- Litigation Purposes: to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
- Business Transaction Purposes: in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger.
- How to Contact Us About this Policy – If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.