Regional VP of Sales - East Coast
As a Sales Leader on the Enterprise Sales team you will be responsible for managing and developing a team of Enterprise Account Executives selling into the enterprise space at Legion Technologies. You will participate and lead in client and prospect meetings as well as work cross-functionally with stakeholders and corporate resources as required. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer. The Regional Vice President of Sales will define market tactics to meet annual business goals. This person will help transform and integrate all GTM functions, evolving an already world-class field operation, while achieving significant revenue growth annually. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing large, high performing sales organizations. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Legion.
The RVP of Sales must have the ability to develop and implement an effective go-to-market plan aligned with Legion’s overall strategy, act as the Legion spokesperson in the region and be the executive sponsor for key customer and partner relationships. The successful candidate is an inspiring leader of people who can recruit and retain exceptional sales talent, support the team in delivering on the agreed metrics, and while leading from the front, work alongside the team to exceed the targets for the region.
The teams you lead here at Legion will directly impact the growth of our overall organization. You will be masterful in client engagement and impact how your customers do business in an ever-changing environment. You will coach your team to develop in their careers, and inspire your team to do the best work of their life.
- Provide support and guidance to direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required
- Development of a winning team, including recruiting, hiring and training
- Coaching direct reports on strategies to drive sales wins
- Accurate reporting on sales activity and forecasting to senior sales management
- Consistent monitoring of the sales activity of the team, and tracking of results
- Actively leading and monitoring demand generation activities
- Leading initiatives to drive customer awareness and engagement
- Develop and execute successful sales campaigns
- Engaging at C-level in enterprise customer organizations
- Capable of successfully managing significant client escalations and issues
- Develop required Corporate relationships and Executive engagement to support success
Depending on the segment, the years of experience and skillset needed to be successful will vary from 8+ yrs of sales leadership experience managing a team of enterprise quota carrying sales people. In addition, a bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Proven successful experience in leading Account Executives
- Proven ability to hiring, developing and leading high performing teams and lead them to success
- Experience selling Workforce Management or Human Capital Management solutions
- Excellent presentation and executive engagement skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A self-starter that can thrive in a fast paced environment
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our customers and inside of Legion
Across all Sales Leaders, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in sales coaching and mentoring
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Has a strong drive for results
- Strong engagement and communication skills
- Consultative selling experience
- Can collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
- Is a trusted advisor to the customers and colleagues
- Strong business acumen
- Prior experience working within the Enterprise Software space
BACKGROUND AND OPPORTUNITY
Legion is seeking world class talent to help us capitalize on a massive opportunity to enable the future of work for the 2.7 billion-person strong deskless workforce. We have built a cutting edge workforce engagement suite which leverages AI and machine learning to deliver labor efficiency for employers and great experiences for employees across the Retail, Hospitality, and Fitness industries. Legion is backed by preeminent venture firms such as Norwest Venture Partners, First Round Capital, and XYZ Ventures and is based in Redwood City, California.
The hourly workforce currently constitutes almost 60% of the overall labor market in the United States and these nearly 80 million hourly workers are the driving force behind many of our largest domestic industries like food/beverage, retail and hospitality. Management of this workforce has historically been difficult due to high churn (average of 60%), high cost of replacement (average of $3,200 per employee in retail) and now new challenges are developing as millennials enter this market. The retail vertical alone spends $62 billion dollars a year on replacing workers and over 50% of hourly workers leave their jobs because of flexibility reasons.
In our modern, Uber-ized times, younger folks seek gig-like flexibility, modern mobile first technology and compelling work options. They want to use an app on their phone to schedule work, not haggle with the manager over their schedule on a week to week basis. Likewise, employers are increasingly in need of a flexible and efficient labor model that supports the innovations (think pop up stores, home delivery, mobile ordering, service options etc) needed, and frankly demanded, by today’s modern customers. Mid market organizations have never had a technology platform to manage their hourly workers and the enterprise is mired in decades old technology (think Kronos, Infor) that’s both user unfriendly and wildly ineffective for managing today’s modern hourly workforce. There is a huge opportunity to modernize and upgrade how hourly workers interact with their employers and while enabling employers to be elastic, efficient and innovative...but no one has cracked the code until now.
Legion’s mission is to build the platform that enables this transition. We have built a workforce engagement solution that applies AI and machine learning to accurately forecast demand and automatically match employees to work. The simple notion of matching work that needs to be done to the best suited employee who wants it and doing so in a fair, compliant and efficient manner is fundamental to today’s new job economy. The Legion platform provides flexible, efficient ways for employers and employees to engage with each other and enable the future of work.
At its core, this is a supply versus demand issue. Legion is able to use advanced machine learning to accurately predict how much work needs to be done and by what roles and skills. These forecasts are fully automated and tailored to the unique attributes of every location and take into account factors that impact customer traffic. For instance, rain could decrease customer traffic at an outdoor cafe but would likely increase the volume of delivery orders. Legion now helps you predictably staff for these events, and it gets more and more accurate as it ingests more data. Legion then uses AI to automatically match these forecasts to the best employees based on a wide variety of factors such as employee preference, skill, productivity and labor compliance policies. Likewise all of these rules are easily customizable to a unique business, policies and best practices of every customer. Legion is able to make informed and practical autonomous business decisions for every customer with the simple push of a button.
Legion is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of personal information through the application and recruitment process. We collect such information either directly from you or (where applicable) from another person or entity, such as an employment agency or consultancy, background check provider, or other referral sources. This information includes:
- Identification and contact information, and related identifiers such as full name, date and place of birth, citizenship and permanent residence, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and such information about your beneficiaries or emergency contacts.
- Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Recruitment, employment, or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or engagement process; and copies of identification documents, such as driver’s licenses, passports, and visas; and background screening results and references.
- Career information such as job titles; work history; work dates and work locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements, and preferences; and professional memberships
- Education Information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
- Legally protected classification information such as race, sex/gender, religious/ philosophical beliefs, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, nationality, ethnicity, request for family care leave, political opinions, and criminal history.
- Other information such as any information you voluntarily choose to provide in connection with your job application.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect, use, share, and store personal information from job applicants for our and our service providers’ business and operational purposes in the recruitment process such as: processing your application, tracking your application through the recruitment process, contacting references with your authorization, conducting background checks you authorize, and making hiring decisions. We will also use job applicant information for internal analysis purposes to understand the applicants who apply and to improve our recruitment process. We may sometimes need to use applicant information for legal purposes, such as in connection with any challenges made to our hiring decisions.
With Whom We Share Personal Information
We will disclose job applicant personal information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
- Internally: to other Legion personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Vendors: such as technology service providers, travel management providers, human resources suppliers, background check companies, and employment agencies or recruiters, where applicable.
- Legal Compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
- Litigation Purposes: to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
- Business Transaction Purposes: in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger.
- How to Contact Us About this Policy – If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact email@example.com.