Head of Design
Amazing User Experience is core to Legion's strategy. The Head of Design is expected to be very hands-on in leading a design team and building the experiences that deliver advanced workforce management capabilities in a highly usable & delightful manner. In addition, this role manages design deliverables contract agencies, interfaces with product management & development on end-to-end product execution and is a key contributor to the overall visuals, style, and interfaces across Legion product, website, and collateral.
- Lead and manage the design team including contractors and developing our people and process
- Provide context, support and guidance as the team works towards our business objectives.
- Collaborate with other functional leaders product managers, customers, engineers, and other designers to build new features and products.
- Oversee all facets of product design for the company (UX, UI) and maintain a consistently high bar of quality for their work.
- Interaction Design (Prototyping, sketching, working side-by-side with product managers and engineers)
- Communicate progress and key updates with other teams, partners and leadership on a regular basis.
- Foster highly collaborative working relationships between the design team and members of product, engineering and marketing teams to deliver a seamless, unified experience to our customers.
- Information Architecture
- UX Research
- Rapidly Design Deliverables
What we are looking for:
- Experienced with web application and mobile product design (Not just website design)
- Passionate for product innovation and designs, ability to communicate and get buy in for POV
- Team oriented
- Familiar with engineering realities
- Ability to learn from mistakes
- US-based, compatible with West Coast time zone
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with "Big Data" or analytics systems design a plus
Professional Background and Experience
- 7+ years of design experience at software product companies
- At least 3 years as designer leader / design head
- B2B SaaS or large-scale consumer product hands-on design experience for web & mobile
- Ability to lead design projects from concept to completion
- Experience defining and rolling out design system and process, evangelize design principles
- Experience in branding, working with product marketing team
- A competitive compensation package as well as stock options
- Robust medical, dental, vision and wellness benefits
- Flexible time off and remote work policies
- Employer-sponsored 401(K)
Legion is looking for world-class talent to help us with our mission of enabling the global 2.7 billion-person-strong hourly workforce. At Legion, we are redefining how companies manage and empower their hourly workforces with our modern AI-powered Workforce Management platform. We help companies maximize labor efficiency and employee engagement simultaneously. Our cloud-native platform accurately forecasts demand, computes precise labor needs, and schedules the right employees at the right times based on employee skills and preferences. The platform also provides healthy worker features for these uncertain times.
Legion WFM includes cutting-edge machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), and the most intuitive interfaces to deliver over 10x return on investment. Legion was founded by Sanish Mondkar, the former Chief Product Officer at SAP, and it has many innovative customers, including Dollar General, Five Below, Panda Express, Cinemark, and Vail Resorts. Legion has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and it was recently included on JMP Securities’ Hot 100 List of the Best Privately Held Software Companies. Legion is a remote friendly organization with headquarters in Redwood City, California. It’s backed by leading venture firms, including Norwest Venture Partners, Stripes, First Round Capital, Webb Investment Network, Workday Ventures, NTT Docomo Ventures, and XYZ Ventures.
Background and Opportunity
The hourly workforce currently makes up almost 60% of the overall labor market in the United States. These 80 million hourly workers are the driving force behind many of our largest domestic industries, including food and beverage, retail, and hospitality. Workforce management has historically been difficult due to high churn (60% on average and high cost of replacement ($3,200 per employee in retail on average). Now new requirements are developing as generation Z enters this market. The retail vertical alone spends $62 billion a year on replacing workers, and over 50% of hourly workers leave their jobs because of flexibility reasons.
In our modern economy, hourly workers want gig-like flexibility, mobile-first technology, and compelling work options. They want to use a mobile phone app to schedule work, not haggle with their manager over schedule changes every week. Also, employers increasingly need a flexible and efficient labor model that supports retail innovations (think pop-up stores, home delivery, mobile ordering, and service options) that today’s modern customer needs and often demands. Mid-market organizations have never had a technology platform to manage their hourly workers, and enterprises are stuck with old legacy software (think Kronos and Infor) that’s ineffective for users and the companies managing today’s modern hourly workforce. There’s a huge opportunity to modernize and upgrade how hourly workers interact with their managers while enabling employers to be flexible, efficient, and innovative. But no one has cracked the code – until now. Enter Legion.
Legion is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of personal information through the application and recruitment process. We collect such information either directly from you or (where applicable) from another person or entity, such as an employment agency or consultancy, background check provider, or other referral sources. This information includes:
- Identification and contact information, and related identifiers such as full name, date and place of birth, citizenship and permanent residence, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and such information about your beneficiaries or emergency contacts.
- Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Recruitment, employment, or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or engagement process; and copies of identification documents, such as driver’s licenses, passports, and visas; and background screening results and references.
- Career information such as job titles; work history; work dates and work locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements, and preferences; and professional memberships
- Education Information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
- Legally protected classification information such as race, sex/gender, religious/ philosophical beliefs, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, nationality, ethnicity, request for family care leave, political opinions, and criminal history.
- Other information such as any information you voluntarily choose to provide in connection with your job application.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect, use, share, and store personal information from job applicants for our and our service providers’ business and operational purposes in the recruitment process such as: processing your application, tracking your application through the recruitment process, contacting references with your authorization, conducting background checks you authorize, and making hiring decisions. We will also use job applicant information for internal analysis purposes to understand the applicants who apply and to improve our recruitment process. We may sometimes need to use applicant information for legal purposes, such as in connection with any challenges made to our hiring decisions.
With Whom We Share Personal Information
We will disclose job applicant personal information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
- Internally: to other Legion personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Vendors: such as technology service providers, travel management providers, human resources suppliers, background check companies, and employment agencies or recruiters, where applicable.
- Legal Compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
- Litigation Purposes: to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
- Business Transaction Purposes: in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger.
- How to Contact Us About this Policy – If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.