Software Platform Engineering Architect/Hands-On Manager
The Legion application is a high performance data driven Java enterprise application that implements sophisticated scheduling and optimization algorithms. It also provides the necessary endpoints for our Web and mobile frontend applications. We are hosted on AWS. You will lead a team responsible for the core software infrastructure platform.
Third party and customer integrations via reports, data extracts, code snippets and API integrations will be a focus area for this role.
As such, experience in these areas are essential:
- Opening up applications via secure APIs for third party integrations
- Building developer API integration platforms
- Building reporting infrastructure to reliably export data
- Making succinct code snippets available that can be used by third parties for quick integration. e.g.: Stripe, Okta integration
- Understanding of recent technology trends and tools for third party integrations and open APIs
- Be hands on: Write secure, efficient, enterprise quality Java code
- Conduct peer code reviews
- Have a deep understanding of the techniques and technologies that are necessary for scalability and performance.
- Experience with data modeling and relational databases
- Manage a team of engineers and coach them to reach their full potential - Develop engineers in their career path: Set objectives, provide feedback and review performance.
- Ability to manage a remote teams is essential.
- Prior experience with fully remote teams is helpful. You will be expected to bring these best practices to the rest of organization.
- Act as the scrum master
- Ensure that the team builds high quality software by writing unit tests
- Interface with customer success and implementation teams to resolve customer issues
- SQL, mySQL
- Springboot, Hibernate
- AWS, Kubernetes technology experience is a plus
- 10+ years experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Experience building complex cloud based enterprise software in workforce management, payroll or other HR tech is highly desirable