ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Strategic Alliance Manager leads the day-to-day relationships between Legion and Strategic Alliance Partners. This role will bring a deep understanding of strategic partners and experience developing strategic partner relationships, implementing alliance programs, and aligning incentives across partners and Legion. This person must have the ability to work cross-functionally with product management, solution engineering, sales, marketing, and services.
- Evangelize Legion, our value proposition and competitive differentiation at multiple organizational levels (including Executives) at our target partners
- Define a clear go-to-market strategy with alliance partners; lead the execution and track the progress towards our mutual goals
- Act as an internal advocate and point of contact for the partners ensuring the partner has the resources to be successful
- Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal WorkJam teams to guide the direction of our product offerings with alliances.
- Develop and track metrics for measuring partner business and success.
- Partnering with Sales to build pipeline, drive quality lead generation and prospecting, and improve workflows and processes
- Communicate with partners consistently to ensure partners maximize the value that Legion provides
- Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint alliance value proposition
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team of both organizations.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise SaaS software field sales/alliances/business development; Experience in with Workforce Management or Human Capital Management (HCM) software solutions strongly preferred
- B.S. / B.A. required in a related field
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of success in working with partners to identify and win deals
- Success managing relationships with partners across all functions of the organization from developer to C-suite.
- Ability to set clear targets and develop plans and objectives to achieve those targets
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Willingness to travel, primarily North America
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
- Proactive and able to command respect through intelligence, hard work, and persistence
- Personal passion and fervor for industry-leading next-generation technology
- Ability to operate in an environment with limited resources
- A great communicator who can distill powerful messages which resonate with customers
- Track record of building positive relationships with peers
- Continuous and thoughtful listener, able to learn from others and leverage input
- Strong personal work ethic focused on high priority issues; action and results-oriented
Legion is seeking world-class talent to help us capitalize on a massive opportunity to enable the future of work for the 2.7 billion-person strong hourly workforce. Legion powers the future of work by redefining how companies manage and empower their hourly workforces. Legion’s autonomous, AI-powered Workforce Management platform enables companies to tightly manage labor spend while ensuring great experiences for their employees and customers. The software accurately forecasts demand, computes precise labor needs, and staffs the right employees at the right times based on employee skills and preferences. These uncertain times also require healthy workplace features that automate the scheduling of healthy employees and offer immediate response protocols in the event symptoms are detected. These capabilities and more are already built directly into Legion.
Legion’s modern cloud platform pairs cutting edge machine learning, artificial intelligence, and beautiful interfaces to deliver over 10x return on investment. Legion was founded by Sanish Mondkar, the former Chief Product Officer of SAP, and serves many innovative customers including Cinemark, Racetrac, Five Below, Philz Coffee, and Barry's Bootcamp. Legion has been recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor and was recently included on JMP Securities’ Hot 100 List of the Best Privately Held Software Companies. Legion is backed by preeminent venture firms such as Norwest Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Webb Investment Network, and XYZ Ventures and is based in Redwood City, California.
BACKGROUND AND OPPORTUNITY
The hourly workforce currently constitutes almost 60% of the overall labor market in the United States and these nearly 80 million hourly workers are the driving force behind many of our largest domestic industries like food/beverage, retail and hospitality. Management of this workforce has historically been difficult due to high churn (average of 60%), high cost of replacement (average of $3,200 per employee in retail) and now new challenges are developing as millennials enter this market. The retail vertical alone spends $62 billion dollars a year on replacing workers and over 50% of hourly workers leave their jobs because of flexibility reasons.
In our modern, Uber-ized times, younger folks seek gig-like flexibility, modern mobile first technology and compelling work options. They want to use an app on their phone to schedule work, not haggle with the manager over their schedule on a week to week basis. Likewise, employers are increasingly in need of a flexible and efficient labor model that supports the innovations (think pop up stores, home delivery, mobile ordering, service options etc) needed, and frankly demanded, by today’s modern customers. Mid-market organizations have never had a technology platform to manage their hourly workers and the enterprise is mired in decades-old technology (think Kronos, Infor) that’s both user-unfriendly and wildly ineffective for managing today’s modern hourly workforce. There is a huge opportunity to modernize and upgrade how hourly workers interact with their employers and while enabling employers to be elastic, efficient, and innovative...but no one has cracked the code until now.