- Hands-on experience with managing AWS and cloud infrastructure scaling to hundreds of nodes. Ideally, AWS Certified Dev Ops
- Experience managing infrastructure cost and cloud spend
- Hands on experience with implementation and management of complex virtualized environments
- Extensive knowledge of software build, test and deploy processes using Git, Docker/containers
- Deep understanding of large-scale data systems and data pipelines including managing NoSQL, SQL and HDFS/Hadoop clusters
- Has prior experience with security and data privacy compliance standards like SOC 2, GDPR etc.
- Kubernetes expert. Familiarity with tools such as Jenkins, Kibana, Prometheus, Alert Logic, etc.
- Operate (Provisioning, Deployment, Manage) Legion AWS Services
- Implement disaster recovery plans
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring, metrics, logging and operations. - Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Manages Release deployments (Continuous delivery and deployment)
Legion is seeking world-class talent to help us capitalize on a massive opportunity to enable the future of work for the 2.7 billion-person strong hourly workforce. Legion powers the future of work by redefining how companies manage and empower their hourly workforces. Legion’s autonomous, AI-powered Workforce Management platform enables companies to tightly manage labor spend while ensuring great experiences for their employees and customers. The software accurately forecasts demand, computes precise labor needs, and staffs the right employees at the right times based on employee skills and preferences. These uncertain times also require healthy workplace features that automate the scheduling of healthy employees and offer immediate response protocols in the event symptoms are detected. These capabilities and more are already built directly into Legion.
Legion’s modern cloud platform pairs cutting edge machine learning, artificial intelligence, and beautiful interfaces to deliver over 10x return on investment. Legion was founded by Sanish Mondkar, the former Chief Product Officer of SAP, and serves many innovative customers including Cinemark, Racetrac, Five Below, Philz Coffee, and Barry's Bootcamp. Legion has been recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor and was recently included on JMP Securities’ Hot 100 List of the Best Privately Held Software Companies. Legion is backed by preeminent venture firms such as Norwest Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Webb Investment Network, and XYZ Ventures and is based in Redwood City, California.
BACKGROUND AND OPPORTUNITY
The hourly workforce currently constitutes almost 60% of the overall labor market in the United States and these nearly 80 million hourly workers are the driving force behind many of our largest domestic industries like food/beverage, retail and hospitality. Management of this workforce has historically been difficult due to high churn (average of 60%), high cost of replacement (average of $3,200 per employee in retail) and now new challenges are developing as millennials enter this market. The retail vertical alone spends $62 billion dollars a year on replacing workers and over 50% of hourly workers leave their jobs because of flexibility reasons.
In our modern, Uber-ized times, younger folks seek gig-like flexibility, modern mobile first technology and compelling work options. They want to use an app on their phone to schedule work, not haggle with the manager over their schedule on a week to week basis. Likewise, employers are increasingly in need of a flexible and efficient labor model that supports the innovations (think pop up stores, home delivery, mobile ordering, service options etc) needed, and frankly demanded, by today’s modern customers. Mid-market organizations have never had a technology platform to manage their hourly workers and the enterprise is mired in decades-old technology (think Kronos, Infor) that’s both user-unfriendly and wildly ineffective for managing today’s modern hourly workforce. There is a huge opportunity to modernize and upgrade how hourly workers interact with their employers and while enabling employers to be elastic, efficient, and innovative...but no one has cracked the code until now.