As the Customer Success Manager you will place the customer at the center of everything we do making their journey simple, valuable, and delightful. This is an individual contributor role that is focused on helping the customer solve their labor problems using Legion solutions and ensuring customers are delighted in adopting the software. The end goal of the position is to ensure customers receive value rapidly from Legion, meet KPIs, store manager’s and team members are enable to use Legion, the customer builds a personal relationship with Legion, and the customer can evangelize Legion to their peers and friends within Legion’s focused markets.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Customer Success manager will be responsible for ensuring the customer is set up to use Legion’s Workforce Management Solution and their success thereafter
- Define, manage, and deliver on customer expectations throughout the setup process and thereafter
- Driving the customer setup & training processes to ensure customers receive a rapid time to value, get enabled to use Legion, and ensure Legion delivers on customer expectations
- Coordinate and orchestrate teams within Legion to manage feature enhancements and occasional bugs fixes
- Recommend best practices for using Legion to help store managers and team member’s to get the most from their Legion investment
- Advocate customer needs within Legion to ensure the product continues to improve on behalf of your customer’s
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively with all levels inside and outside the organization (you will be working with Senior Leadership).
- Passion for helping customers adopt new AI technology
- Experience in leading software implementations for enterprise customers (preferably in Workforce Management)
- Strong retail, restaurant, and/or Health & Fitness operations experience. Experience in operating environments to understand and identify labor challenges that Legion solves.
- Demonstrated foresight to align customer expectations and project timelines to ensure customer KPIs are met.
- Strong diagnostic capabilities to assess customer reported problems and determine whether it’s a software or user root cause.
- Enjoys delivering effective and entertaining training to customers
- Organized and plans for customer meetings to get effective outcomes and ensure the customer is on track in the project plan
- Analytical problem solver that can understand a customer’s requirement and translate that into an actionable configuration of software
- Career driven individual looking to grow in a fast paced startup
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience managing software projects, configuring Workforce Management solutions, and/or in Customer Success
- Operating experience in Retail, Health & Fitness, Quick Service Restaurants, and/or Table Service Dining
- Self-starter and problem solver that is comfortable working in a fluid and flexible work environment
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic team player, driven by delighting customers
- Exceptional situational presence, relationship building, intellect, ethics, and judgment that engenders credibility and trust
- Polished communicator, persuasive presenter, fast on your feet, and innately organized; Superb negotiation and diplomacy skills
- A style that combines quick, entrepreneurial decision-making with enterprise process and organization
Legion is seeking world-class talent to help us capitalize on a massive opportunity to enable the future of work for the 2.7 billion-person strong hourly workforce. Legion powers the future of work by redefining how companies manage and empower their hourly workforces. Legion’s autonomous, AI-powered Workforce Management platform enables companies to tightly manage labor spend while ensuring great experiences for their employees and customers. The software accurately forecasts demand, computes precise labor needs, and staffs the right employees at the right times based on employee skills and preferences. These uncertain times also require healthy workplace features that automate the scheduling of healthy employees and offer immediate response protocols in the event symptoms are detected. These capabilities and more are already built directly into Legion.
Legion’s modern cloud platform pairs cutting edge machine learning, artificial intelligence, and beautiful interfaces to deliver over 10x return on investment. Legion was founded by Sanish Mondkar, the former Chief Product Officer of SAP, and serves many innovative customers including Cinemark, Racetrac, Five Below, Philz Coffee, and Barry's Bootcamp. Legion has been recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor and was recently included on JMP Securities’ Hot 100 List of the Best Privately Held Software Companies. Legion is backed by preeminent venture firms such as Norwest Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Webb Investment Network, and XYZ Ventures and is based in Redwood City, California.
BACKGROUND AND OPPORTUNITY
The hourly workforce currently constitutes almost 60% of the overall labor market in the United States and these nearly 80 million hourly workers are the driving force behind many of our largest domestic industries like food/beverage, retail and hospitality. Management of this workforce has historically been difficult due to high churn (average of 60%), high cost of replacement (average of $3,200 per employee in retail) and now new challenges are developing as millennials enter this market. The retail vertical alone spends $62 billion dollars a year on replacing workers and over 50% of hourly workers leave their jobs because of flexibility reasons.
In our modern, Uber-ized times, younger folks seek gig-like flexibility, modern mobile first technology and compelling work options. They want to use an app on their phone to schedule work, not haggle with the manager over their schedule on a week to week basis. Likewise, employers are increasingly in need of a flexible and efficient labor model that supports the innovations (think pop up stores, home delivery, mobile ordering, service options etc) needed, and frankly demanded, by today’s modern customers. Mid-market organizations have never had a technology platform to manage their hourly workers and the enterprise is mired in decades-old technology (think Kronos, Infor) that’s both user-unfriendly and wildly ineffective for managing today’s modern hourly workforce. There is a huge opportunity to modernize and upgrade how hourly workers interact with their employers and while enabling employers to be elastic, efficient, and innovative...but no one has cracked the code until now.