About Ledger Investing
Ledger Investing is a Y Combinator backed insure-tech startup that is transforming the way insurance risks are financed. Today, Ledger is an online marketplace connecting insurance risk to capital, focusing on securitization. Insurance risk originators are able to source capital more efficiently vs. the traditional value-chain. Capital providers gain access to an asset class that is highly diversified vs. most asset classes. Insurance securitization has quickly grown to be a $100 billion market but is limited in scope due to opacity and complexity. Ledger is expanding this market to $1 trillion by building a seamless data pipeline from the policyholder to the capital markets, enabling transparency, and bringing best-in-class analytics and real-time insights to the table. Our recent $75 million Series B round of investment funding has set us up for exponential growth. We are on our way to disrupting the industry by serving as an unparalleled, advantageous marketplace for virtually all types of insurance risks and capital, including traditional reinsurers, institutional investors, and accredited investors.
What we do:
Ledger's Broker Dealer operates at the intersection of finance, insurance, and technology; it is tasked with executing the go-to-market strategy for a new asset class: casualty insurance-linked securities. We are looking to add a driven, polished, young professional interested in growing their career in institutional sales by engaging with asset allocators to demonstrate Ledger’s differentiated value proposition. This candidate will join the team that is responsible for all aspects of the business development and investor relations process including growing the assets of our ~$200mm fund manager, sourcing capital for brokered transactions, and maintaining relationships with existing clients. The role will involve coordination between senior members of several teams within Ledger including Risk Origination and Data Science for the benefit of our investors and will report directly to the Head of Capital Markets.
You will be working on:
- Building / reviewing transaction deal models
- Responding to complex investor requests and due diligence questionnaires
- Developing marketing materials for Ledger’s Broker Dealer and Fund Manager
- Reviewing fund and transaction legal documents
- Participating in meetings and building relationships with sophisticated investors interested in Ledger’s various capital markets offerings
- Attending conferences, industry events, and client engagements to grow Ledger’s brand
- Developing a platform to allow investors unprecedented insights into their investments
If these problems sound fun and interesting, we'd love to have you on our team. We offer competitive compensation, including company stock options. Our headquarters are in New York, but this position can be full-time remote as we are a natively all remote company.
Successful candidates will have all of the following attributes:
- 4+ years experience in institutional investor business development, investor relations, investment banking, consulting, reinsurance brokerage, reinsurance / ILS Fund, or investing is preferred but not required
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Skilled communicator who can synthesize complex ideas
- Previous experience interacting with senior stakeholders on a regular basis
- Detail-oriented in both quantitative and qualitative work products
- Ability to manage important projects independently and collaborate as part of a larger team
- Interest in Asset Management and data driven investing
The following attributes will help candidates stand out from the crowd:
- Working knowledge of ILS, credit products, or property & casualty insurance
- Experience reviewing fund documents (PPM, SSA, IMA, etc.) or insurance contracts
- Existing relationships with asset allocators
- SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 Licenses
We offer competitive compensation, including company stock options. Our company is remote first with a headquarters location in New York; however, this position will be full-time in Bermuda where we will soon have an office. The employee is free to use the new Bermuda office and work from home on the Island.
For US based positions:
Ledger Investing is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.