PHP Developer - Apache CloudStack
What is the role?
We are looking for PHP Developer to join our CloudStack team, your main focus will be developing and contributing to the Apache CloudStack project.
You will be working with a team of DevOps engineers with curious minds who are excited about the challenges and responsible for building and operating LeaseWeb’s worldwide private and public cloud platforms. In this position, you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Apache CloudStack, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) open source project. Our work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and networking, and our team values transparency, initiative, customer focus, collaboration and continuous improvement in the similar way Apache community does.
What you will do:
- Responsible for developing and supporting our systems written in PHP (using symfony framework) and following API-first philosophy.
- Development of full stack applications and APIs to manage and automate the deployment and management of VPS and Private Clouds (CloudStack)
- Together with your team you’ll actively contribute to maintain and deploy the team's applications in production environments with Chef and Ansible (Ubuntu).
- Collaborate with LeaseWeb’s Product Engineering teams to define features, which we’ll give back to the community.
- Responsible for the maintenance of development environments for the team members (using CloudStack, Ansible and Docker) as well as the test and integration environments (using Vagrant, CloudStack, Jenkins and Chef).
- Work on automating new platform deployments.
- Participation in the 'on duty' rotation schedule.
What you need to be successful:
- You live and breathe open source. You aim to ensure that the community can benefit from your contribution.
- A few years of experience on software development in PHP, and frameworks such us Symfony, or similar.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating systems.
- Competent with revision control systems (preferably Git)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (such as ESXi, KVM, Xen) is required. API for managing platform virtualization like LibVirt is a plus
- Good to have knowledge on any IaaS platform (e.g. CloudStack, Eucalyptus, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with some of the following tools/languages would be nice: Python, Git, Chef/Ansible, Prometheus, Kubernetes
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Good secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch and fruit
- Free parking
- Relocation package (when you are not living in the Netherlands yet)
- Team fun events, quarterly Hackathon
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 654235261. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.