Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
The CloudStack team builds and operates a state of the art cloud hosting platform based on Apache CloudStack (more information here: https://www.Leaseweb.com/cloud ).
As a Site Reliability Engineer it's your job to design, implement and monitor our worldwide infrastructure together with your colleagues. Technologies you'll work with include Apache CloudStack, KVM, Prometheus, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes.
Our international team at LeaseWeb Product Engineering is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. There is a clear focus on innovation. Our organizational structure is quite flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop, Maintain and support the Apache CloudStack infrastructure
- Ensure the availability of Linux-based virtualization platforms
- Identify and propose solutions for improvements or structural problems before they become incidents.
- Regular on-call duty
- Proven background in setting up infrastructure architectures
- Demonstrable Linux knowledge
- Shell, Python or Ruby Scripting skills
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Knowledge of Open-source virtualization management frameworks (CloudStack, OpenStack, onApp, SolusVM) would be a pro
- Experience with monitoring & graphing toolsets
- Good written and spoken English
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Good secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- If you are not living the Netherlands yet, we will support your relocation.
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.