Senior .NET Developer – Amsterdam
Our Product Engineering department is rapidly growing as we take on exciting new opportunities in regions around the world and therefore we are hiring new developers for our team based in Amsterdam. For our Back-end team we are currently looking for an experienced .NET developer with Agile mindset.
The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage), back–end applications and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal. This .NET Developer role is for the back-end team.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework gives our teams a lot of freedom. It allows us to get our hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship… And that’s why we have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
What is the role about?
The back-end team is responsible for all back-end processes in the company. This entails developing and maintaining back-end applications, as well as design and developing of various APIs, which provide interfaces to internal processes and data.
As a .NET Developer you design, construct and support our systems written in .NET. Your responsibilities can vary from simple maintenance to very complex tasks in one of our innovative (Research and Implementation) projects.
- Analyzing requirements and designs, developing and maintaining back-end applications and API’s
- Modifying existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability
- Ensuring that all LeaseWeb back-end applications are tested and deployed in an automated process
- Participating in all aspects from detailed programming to high-level systems design
- Participating actively in the team Scrum activities and registering the activities in JIRA
- Giving assistance to non-technical colleagues and collaborate with different departments (also non-technical) and customers
Who are you?
Are you an open minded and pro-active problem solver? Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines?
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years of .NET 4.5+ (preferably C#) experience and Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of programming architectures and common design patterns
- Ability to design and implement robust and widely used multi-tier applications
- Demonstrated experience with MSSQL database design and implementation
- Good knowledge of ORM’s is a must (preferably EF and/or NHibernate)
- Competent with revision control systems (Git)
- Eagerness to understand how things work
- Open mind and pro-activeness
- High sense of responsibility for the quality of their work
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of English, written and spoken
- Knowledge of PHP/symphony 2
- Familiar with Scrum methodology
- Competent with continuous integration systems (Jenkins)
- Experience with Chef
What we offer
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Good secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via email@example.com or +31 654 235 261. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.