Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed systems. SRE ensures that LeaseWeb's services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
The LeaseWeb API is the front door for our services to the world. The API is used by all LeaseWeb websites, dashboards, internal and external applications. For the LeaseWeb Developer Platform team we are seeking for a Site Reliability Engineer, to build the best platforms supporting the APIs.
Our international team at LeaseWeb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. There is a clear focus on innovation. Our organizational structure is quite flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship.
What is the role about?
As a Site Reliability Engineer for the Developer Platform team you are responsible for applying your specialism to support the team with operations and R&D. You work with the team to design, implement and support new infrastructure needed to support our APIs and our development teams. The infrastructure includes the API Gateway, Kafka and Elasticsearch clusters, authentication platform etc.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the availability of our infrastructure
- Identify and propose new technologies we can use to improve our services
- Develop and support automated deployments of our infrastructure
- Regular on-call duty
Who are you?:
- Proven background in setting up infrastructure architectures
- Demonstrable Linux knowledge
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Chef or Nginx
- Shell, Python or Ruby Scripting skills
- Knowledge of OAuth2 protocol is beneficial
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Fluent English communication skills are essential (Dutch is an advantage)
- Bachelor or Master in Software Engineering or Computer Science
What we offer
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Good secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- If you are not living the Netherlands yet, we will support your relocation.
Interested and want to know more?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via email@example.com or +31 654235261. We look forward to hearing from you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.