Are you passionate about software development and eager to define, develop and review new APIs? Can you work with the Agile / SCRUM methodology?
Our international team at LeaseWeb Technologies is in charge of our scalability and automation platform. The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework gives our teams a lot of freedom. It allows us to get our hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
What is the role?
As a PHP Developer you design, construct and support our systems written in PHP. Your responsibilities can vary from simple maintenance to very complex tasks in one of our innovative (Research and Implementation) projects.
- Analyzing requirements and designs, developing and maintaining products and services
- Modifying existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability
- Ensuring that all LSW applications are tested and deployed in an automated process
- Participating in all aspects from detailed programming to high-level systems design
- Participating actively in the team Scrum activities and registering the activities in JIRA
- Giving assistance to non-technical colleagues and collaborate with different departments (also non-technical) and customers
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5 years+ of PHP5 experience and Object Orientated Programming
- Understanding of MVC
- Experience with PHP frameworks is a plus (preferably Symfony/Symfony2, Laravel, Zend or CakePHP)
- Good knowledge of GNU/ Linux environments
- Knowledge of programming architectures and common Design Patterns
- Demonstrated experience with MySQL database design and implementation
- High level of MySQL (knowledge of NoSQL is a plus)
- Competent with revision control systems (preferably Git)
- Eager to play with new technologies and trends such as distributed systems, NoSQL, caching mechanisms, load balancing, CAP theorem
- Basic knowledge of ISP related technologies such as servers’ hardware and cloud technologies is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
- Willingness to take up 24/7 responsibility for their product (regular on-call duty)
BE THE FUTURE
Work for LeaseWeb and be part of the beating heart of the internet. LeaseWeb is a leading Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider serving a worldwide portfolio of 17,500 customers ranging from SMBs to Enterprises. Our products include: Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Hosting, Colocation, Dedicated Servers, CDN and Cyber Security services. Since 1997 LeaseWeb has provided infrastructure for mission-critical websites, internet applications, email servers, security, and storage services. We operate 17 data centres across Europe, Asia and North America, all of which are backed by a reliable worldwide network with a total capacity of more than 5.5 Tbps.
Driven by a deep commitment to our customers’ success, we continually work to create innovative products and solutions. When you join LeaseWeb, you become part of a team that is truly shaping the future of technology.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via email@example.com or +31 654235261. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.