Senior Developer - Developer Platform
The Leaseweb API is the front door for our services to the world. The API will be powering all of Leasewebs websites, dashboards and in- and external applications. For the Leaseweb Developer Platform team we are seeking for a Senior Software Developer to build the best API in the hosting market and supporting platforms.
Our international team at Leaseweb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. There is a clear focus on innovation. Our organizational structure is quite flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship.
Meet the Leaseweb Development Team.
What is the role about?
As Senior Developer for the Developer Platform team you are responsible for applying your specialism to support the team with operations and R&D. You work with the different product teams to define, architect and review new APIs. You will interact with the developer community, represent Leaseweb API and participate in developer events to improve the API.
Furthermore, you will design, implement and support applications, tools and platforms which support our development teams and customers, for example, our authentication platform, central logging service etc.
Technologies you will be working with are (but not limited to) PHP, Elastic Stack, Chef, Nginx/LUA and more.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- At least 5 years’ experience with software development
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux
- Experience with API Development
- Knowledge of OAuth2 protocol is a pre
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of programming languages, preferred PHP
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks (Symfony, Zend, Laravel) is desirable
- Knowledge with version control systems (Git)
- Experience in setting up software architectures
- Experience with Agile development methods such as scrum is a pre
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Excellent communication skills (in English).
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Merve Bulazar, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.