Data Center Operations Director
The Leaseweb APAC team is growing quickly and looking for talented colleagues to join us.
We are looking for an experienced leader who helps us further build up the Data Center Operations department in the Asia Pacific region. Our Data Center Operations team is involved in the daily management of our current 6 data center facilities in the APAC region (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia) and we are about to open three more data center locations in Singapore, Japan and Australia later this year. This includes the deployment and support of hardware and hosting services for our end users. There is a close cooperation with our Client Service Delivery team which is making sure customer orders are processed swiftly.
The work environment is dynamic and has an international character. You will report to the Managing Director.
- Responsible for developing, coaching and mentoring team members as well as for the performance appraisals of your management team
- Defining and implementing the strategy of the Data Center Operations Department through effective directions and management of resources in order to achieve company targets
- NPS Customer satisfaction
- Build a strong organization by developing the teams that report to you. You enable their success by facilitating their personal and professional development
- Evaluate and report overall performance of the operations by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Naturally you develop, safeguard and transfer/share account intelligence, domain and market knowledge
- At least 7+ years relevant working experience and proven experience in a Senior Management Position
- BSc/MSc in business administration, computer science or relevant field
- Conceptually strong, structured executor
- Coaching and leadership skills, you thrive on coaching others and setting them up for success
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Conceptual knowledge of operating systems (Windows/Linux), virtualization (VMware/Cloudstack), network (Cisco/Juniper routing, switching, VPN, load balancing, firewalling) and server (Dell, HP, IBM) technologies
- Speak Mandarin, Cantonese and/or Japanese is a plus
- Ideally, you have worked with SAP before
- Ability to travel internationally to other data centers and our headquarter in the Netherlands, when needed (Travel <10%)
- Must have the right to work in Singapore
Leaseweb is a leading cloud hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge, and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 5.5 Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from 25 data centers throughout the world.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + AWS + annual bonus scheme
- The possibility to develop yourself and build your career
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Weekly team lunch
- 18 days of paid time off
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast-growing organization
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Jana Reiss, Talent Acquisition Lead, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.