DevOps Engineer CDN
Leaseweb is currently looking for a highly motivated Linux (DevOps) Engineer to join our CDN team in Amsterdam.
Leaseweb CDN team is in charge of designing, building and providing support for our Multi-CDN and ultra-secure Private CDN Infrastructure.
The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data centre automation, product research & development (Shared Hosting, Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework will give you a lot of freedom. It will allow you to get your hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and relaxed, yet highly motivating, place to work. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship… And that’s why you will have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
What is the role about?
As a DevOps Engineer you will drive the automation across the team. You will work closely with other development teams to implement and automate systems and architectures.
Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance to complex tasks. There' s a lot of opportunity for own contributions on design and implementation.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with large scale Linux and/or BSD deployments
- Experience with automation and deployment tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Foreman)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Sensu, Zabbix)
- Solid understanding of the fundamental technologies / protocols of the internet (e.g. BGP, DNS, etc)
- Solid understanding working with and troubleshooting of HTTP requests
- Solid understanding of Varnish, NGINX and/or Apache Traffic Server
- Comfortable reading and writing Python tooling and bash scripts
- Comfortable working with containers, virtual machines and bare-metal
- Comfortable of working with and troubleshooting multi-vendor routing/switching platforms
- Good command of written and spoken English (Dutch would be an advantage)
- Willingness to learn about operational work and eventually take over EoD shifts
Nice to have experience with:
- CI / CD pipelines
- PowerDNS and/or gdnsd
- Video encoding / transcoding and video tooling
- Kubernetes and/or Mesos
- Public cloud providers like AWS or Google Cloud
- Object Storage platforms
What we offer
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Lead) via email@example.com or +31 654 235 261. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.