Global Tax Manager
We are looking for a Global Tax Manager to join our finance team. The mission of this role is aligning our tax priorities with our business strategy and ensuring compliance with tax legislation in all of our jurisdictions. The Tax Manager will report to the Group Controller.
This means that you focus on managing tax risks, as well as finding opportunities for optimizing our tax strategy. In this role you will be responsible for all tax aspects of the Group, i.e. corporate income tax, transfer pricing, VAT and wage taxes.
We operate in a dynamic and R&D intensive industry driven by innovation. Our head office is in Amsterdam and most of the intellectual property is developed in the Netherlands. However, we operate on a global scale with subsidiaries in UK, Germany, Singapore, Australia, and US. We are fast growing and this role is instrumental in enabling our international growth. This means that experience in an international context and knowledge of our industry are essential. You are the sparring partner of management and the liaison with external stakeholders such as tax advisors and tax authorities. So good communication, project management skills and integrity are required. We are a small team so you will have exposure to all aspects of our business in relation to tax matters and can make a great impact on the organization.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Provide high quality (inter)national tax advice and support to the business and proactively act on international corporate income tax developments;
- Provide tax technical support and integration support with respect to special projects such as; cross border transactions and group financing;
- Review tax accounting & reporting worldwide (IFRS). You will support in the quarterly and year-end closing procedures.
- Manage tax audits and tax compliance;
- Provide internal advice regarding transfer pricing;
- Assist in implementing, maintaining and monitoring the (global) transfer pricing strategy, structure and documentation;
- Support in coordination and set up of the tax risk management and tax control process;
- Execute and continuously improve the worldwide tax strategy;
- Support and manage the (international) VAT processes;
- Liaise with the internal departments, tax authorities and manage relationships with external tax advisors;
- Prepare and apply for WBSO or other relevant subsidies;
The ideal candidate has a university degree in Dutch Tax Law or Fiscal Economics and 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in international tax gained at a Big4 or large consultancy. Some in-house experience is considered a plus. You have strong knowledge with respect to Dutch- and international tax law and Tax Accounting.
You have excellent analytical skills. You are a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are proactive, result driven and hands-on. You are excited to work in a dynamic diverse and international environment. You are fluent in English and Dutch.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- The possibility to develop yourself and build your career
- Good secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- Free lunch, free parking space, good coffee, fruit, gym discount, company parties, monthly drinks and more
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast growing organization
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.