PHP Software Developer - Cloud
As a PHP Software developer you will be working with a team of DevOps engineers with curious minds who are excit
Our international team at LeaseWeb Technologies is in charge of our scalability and automation platform. The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework gives our teams a lot of freedom. It allows us to get our hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship… And that’s why we have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
What is the role about?
As a Full-stack Developer you design, construct and support our systems written in PHP. You will work in an Agile self-organized team that takes care of the Customer Portal of LeaseWeb and the other organizations within Ocom group. Customer Portal is the main customer facing control panel where the customers manage their services, payments, support tickets, etc.. Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance to very complex tasks in one of our innovative R&D projects.
Your typical day will start with a short stand-up meeting and continue with development, brainstorming and refinement of new features, lunch with your colleagues, communication with different teams and departments, code reviews and some more development.
Who are you?
Are you an open minded and pro-active problem solver? Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines?
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years experience on Object Oriented programming
- Excellent knowledge of PHP
- Experience with PHP frameworks is a plus (preferably Symfony/Symfony2 or Laravel)
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (preferably Bootstrap and SaSS)
- Demonstrated experience with relational database design and implementation (preferably MySQL)
- Competent with revision control systems (preferably Git)
- Knowledge of GNU/ Linux environments
- Eager to play with new technologies and trends such as infrastructure automation, distributed systems, key-value stores, caching mechanisms, load balancing, Continuous Integration, Monitoring tools
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
- Willingness to take up 24/7 responsibility for their product (regular on-call duty)
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate his work with GitHub profile or other website.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- VISA sponsorship when you are not living in the Netherlands.
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.