Storage and Virtualization Engineer - Branded Cloud
Leaseweb is currently looking for a highly motivated Virtualization (DevOps) Engineer to join our Branded Cloud team in Amsterdam.
The Leaseweb Branded Cloud team delivers virtualized computing and storage resources, and designs, builds, and support VMware and Azure environments.
The Product Engineering Department
The Development department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (Shared Hosting, Bare Metal Servers, CDN, Cloud, Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
We work in a cross functional environment with a DevOps philosophy. We are quickly moving towards becoming an agile company, and the Development department is certainly leading the way. There is a clear focus on innovation. Working on a scrum framework will give you a lot of freedom. It will allow you to get your hands on the coolest projects and to be equal parts creative and effective.
The atmosphere is informal and relaxed, yet highly motivating, place to work. Our organizational structure is flat and we value independence and entrepreneurshi and that’s why you will have some of the most inspiring and overall awesome colleagues in the industry!
What is the role about?
As DevOps Infrastructure Engineer in the branded cloud team, you are responsible for our worldwide cloud hosting and underlying storage platforms. This is more than pro-actively monitoring and supporting the systems; we also test, build and maintain new solutions.
Your responsibilities will vary from simple maintenance to complex tasks. To bring our services to the next level, more automation is needed, therefore we are looking for someone with this kind of experience.
Our environments are tailor made for customers but also have a lot of default components that require automation. One of the main / most important tasks is to automate the deployment of new or additional capacity for our cloud platforms.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrable knowledge of:
- VMware (vSphere 5.x and up, vCloud director)
- Microsoft products (AD, DNS, Server, VMM)
- Storage products, preferably Netapp (based on ONTAP 9)
- VMware VCP5/VCAP5 or higher certification is preferred (or the willingness to obtain it)
- MCSE 2012 or higher certification is preferred (or the willingness to obtain it)
- Experience with automation tools / scripting like:
- Other scripting languages like for instance Python, Pearl or bash
- Chef or Ansible
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents
- Self-motivated and able to architect solutions that are carried by the whole team
- Good command of written and spoken English (Dutch would be an advantage)
- Perform EoD shifts (outside office hours on call support)
- Basic understanding of the OSI model
What we offer
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Relocation package (VISA, fees, etc...) when you are not living in the Netherlands.
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.