LearnUpon is looking for a Manager of Product Design to join our team.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Belgrade, Philadelphia, Salt Lake City and Sydney, we are a global team with lots of diverse cultures, backgrounds, and experiences that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. Our culture fosters an open, collaborative and supportive environment where our accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one). We’re proud of our success and we’re humble and hungry to achieve more.
As we drive LearnUpon to be the best in class learning platform, our goal is to build an easy to use, visually appealing eLearning experience that delights our customers. We look to leverage design best practice to drive business results for customers, like efficiency and learner engagement.
We are looking for a Manager, Product Design to join our team to focus on building and executing eLearning product strategies that will take LearnUpon to the next level.
What will I be doing?
- Manage a team of Product Designers to achieve results. Fostering a sense of ownership and accountability to achieve challenging goals whilst maintaining a positive and supportive work environment.
- Drive quality standards across the user experience. Implement processes for the creation of compelling, accessible and inclusive user experiences. Hold the team accountable to delivering to the prescribed quality bar.
- Prioritize long-term strategy ahead of short term gains; while delivering value as fast as possible to our customers is a priority, you are responsible for the end user experience and ensuring that it meets the needs of customers.
- Dive deep with the Product Designers to deliver complex, ambiguous design programs and product launches. Guide discovery and exploration of new designs. Ensure that the final delivery meets the needs of the customer and the design quality bar.
- Foster a culture of design excellence within the team and the wider organization. Lead with curiosity and develop an environment of continuous improvement within the design team.
- Hire and develop talent in the team through recruiting activities and coaching team members to success. Lead with curiosity and dive deep when necessary to understand problems in detail.
What skills do I need?
- Solid user experience design background and extensive knowledge of digital products and services. Strong preference for B2B SaaS product experience.
- Proven people management skills in an outcome focused environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results through delivery of complex, ambiguous new product development, in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively manage design for a portfolio of products, build plans for delivery and execution, make difficult tradeoffs that balance the needs of the customer and the organization.
- Ability to build effective cross-functional relationships and influence decisions up to C-Level.
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills and the ability to create compelling messaging that demonstrates an understanding of customer pain points.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience implementing organization wide design projects like design systems.
- Experience in eLearning or a related Saas category is a plus.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular social events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
- We're proud to offer a hybrid working model, combining in-office days with the flexibility of remote work. In this role, you’ll be required to work a minimum of 2 days a week in the Dublin office.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a practical interview.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
LearnUpon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, membership of the Traveller community, or any other legally protected status.